Have I told you lately how much I love the blogging community? Because I really do love it! There are so many amazing bloggers out there, and every single one of them is super supportive. One of the many ways that they support other bloggers is to nominate them for awards. I have been lucky enough to have already been nominated for the Sunshine and Mystery Blogger awards. Now, I have been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award by Win Life Win Love. I first off want to say thank you for the nomination! And now on to the good stuff.
The rules for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Share 7 random things about yourself
- Nominate other bloggers for the award
Seven random things about me
- I have never been outside of North America. Most of my travels have been within Canada, and more so, within Ontario. I have ventured a couple of times out west to Alberta, but have not really visited other places within this country. The few times I have been to the United States was when I was younger so I don’t really remember them too much. Though there was a trip to Nevada about 5 years ago which was too short to really enjoy the place.
- Twice now, I have moved to towns that I have previously never heard of. Both have been small towns, pretty much in the middle of nowhere. I am currently still living in the second town, but it is my hope that we will move at some point.
- While I like being outdoors, I’m not a fan of hiking or camping, much to the disappointment of my husband. I think the dislike of camping stems from growing up in the country because being surrounded by nothing but trees reminds me far too much of being alone in the country. As for hiking, well, I have two bad knees and one really bad ankle, so hiking can be a pain – literally.
- I love riding horses, although I haven’t been on one in about 12 years. Funny story, I used to tell my parents I was going out to the movies with my best friend all of the time, but then we would sneak out to the barn for a couple hours of riding. I had a change of clothes in the trunk of my car that I would put on while riding, shower at my friend’s house, put my other clothes back on and then go home. We also made sure to know enough about the movie that I could tell them all about it when I got home. I honestly don’t know how they didn’t know I was lying. My mother believed horses were snarling carnivorous beasts that would kill and eat me and forbade me to go anywhere near them.
- Tsundoku is a term that describes me well. I love books. I enjoy buying them reading them and displaying them on my many shelves. But what does Tsundoku mean? Well, basically it is a term to describe a person who acquires books but lets them pile up in their home without reading them. Granted I do read them, but at a much slower rate than compared to buying them.
- I am terrified of spiders. Like, run away screaming kind of terrified. I wasn’t always afraid of them. I distinctly remember catching flies and feeding them to a spider when I was a kid. Therefore, I am not sure when the fear cropped up. But it is a very strong fear and I have a hard time even killing them because it puts me far too close to them. If my husband is home, I yell for him – he is my official spider killer.
- I have a really hard time thinking of stuff about myself. Seriously, you would think that it would be easy to like 5, 10 or even 20 things about yourself. But the reality is, it’s tough! At least it is for me. Perhaps it’s because I lead such a boring life – again my opinion, others may say my life is anything but boring.