I love blog awards. They help to give bloggers encouragement to keep doing what they are doing while putting the spotlight on them for others to see. There are many blog awards out there. Admittedly, I have been nominated for quite a few of them. The Real Neat Blog Award is one that I hadn’t heard of previously. However, I am excited about it. I was nominated for this away by Geraldine from Geraldine Talks. Thank you so much, Geraldine!
The Real Neat Blog Award
Real Neat Blog Award Rules
- Display the award logo
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog
- Answer the questions from the blog who nominated you
- Nominate seven to ten bloggers
- Ask them seven questions
1. What’s your ultimate comfort food?
I would have to say mac and cheese. But not any old mac and cheese will do. Granted, plain old mac and cheese is in fact, a comfort food. However, the ultimate one has to be my grandma’s mac and cheese. It’s just so dang good and brings back happy childhood memories whenever I have it.
2. What is something you like to collect?
Rhinos! I love rhinos and have been collecting any figurine or stuffed rhino I can find. My collection currently has 27 rhinos in it. It’s a fairly good-sized collection, however, I feel like compared to other collections of items people may have it is relatively small. I am always on the lookout for new rhinos to add to my collection. I shared most of my collection back on World Rhino Day.
3. If you could choose any place in the world, where would you live?
This is a tough one. I do like living in Canada, minus the winters. Granted, some areas get pretty mild winters. Unfortunately, I do not live in one of those areas. However, my current fascination is with Japan and I would love to visit there. Not sure if it would be someplace I would want to live, after all, I’ve never been there. But if I didn’t live in Canada then yeah Japan is most likely where I would want to go.
4. Would you rather be cold or hot?
As crazy as it sounds, I’d rather be cold. It’s funny because I always complain about how cold I am, especially during the winter. But, the truth is, that when you are cold, you can at least add more layers to try to get warm. Yet when you are hot, you can only take off so much and then you are still hot. Plus, if I’m cold I have a great excuse to drink hot chocolate.
5. What is your go-to song when you need to cheer yourself up?
I don’t think that I have a particular song I turn to. Instead, I listen to some Disney movie soundtracks, like Mulan or Frozen, or any of my African Tapestries CDs.
6. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Bad drivers. You know, the ones who drive way too fast or far too slow. The ones who can’t stay in their lanes. Or those jerks who pass you only to slam on the brakes to make a turn! So annoying!
7. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
Rhino! Okay, I have already mentioned rhinos, but I can’t help it, I love them! So, let’s go with another one, shall we? The second choice would be an African Wild Dog. Because who wouldn’t want a spotted chirpy puppy friend? Plus they have the most adorable big round ears!
- If you could only watch one TV show or movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is the one snack food you can’t live without?
- Is there a skill you want to learn but haven’t started yet? If yes, what’s holding you back from doing so?
- What is your favorite way to spend an autumn day?
- If you could spend a day with any famous person, dead or alive, who would it be?
- What has been your greatest achievement in the last year?
- You are given unlimited spending money for one day. What would be your first purchase?