Being a newer blogger can be a challenge. It’s a lot of work to get established and there is plenty of things to learn along the way. Having other bloggers help you is great. Having them acknowledge your work with a blogging award makes all those late nights seem less daunting. Recently, I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Creating A Mama! I want to give a huge thanks to her for nominating me! Be sure to visit Creating A Mama and show her some love!
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma. Be sure to visit her blog!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer the 5 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers.
- Notify the nominees that you have nominated them for the award.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question.
- Share a link to your best post.
Three things about myself
- I was a corpse disposal technician. That’s my fancy way of saying I worked in a funeral home. I went to college to become a funeral director and spent a year doing an internship at a funeral home. It was actually quite an interesting time in my life. I did enjoy the work quite a bit – although the hours could be extremely wonky. After all, death does not work 9-5. However, due to several things in life, I decided to not pursue this career path once my internship was done. I actually met my husband through one of the women I went to school with. So while the career didn’t work out, good things came from the experience.
- I have moved 12 times in my life. These moves all happened within a 6 year period. Despite this, I am actually terrible at the whole moving thing. I don’t pack things well. I am even worse at unpacking and actually putting things away in decent time. Since we are hoping to move at some point soon, I am going to try to be better at it this time. Maybe move number 13 will be the lucky one. I’m sure that decluttering the house beforehand will help.
- I own over 1000 books. Nearly all of them are physical books. While I do own a Kindle, I rarely use it because it’s not a book. Reading has always been my go-to thing to relax and remove myself from stressful situations. I can easily get lost in a book and forget about the world around me for hours on end. This has backfired at times and has caused me to miss appointments and forget to eat. Yet despite my love of reading, I am still working on passing it on to my son. He reads but definitely not his favorite activity. He seems to have picked up hubby’s non-reading genes. Maybe with time and the right books he will come around.
My best post
I don’t have a lot of posts on the blog yet. However, I think my best and favorite post so far is Easy Cinnamon Raisin Scone Recipe. It is the first recipe that I have shared and is not only easy to make but delicious as well.
Creating A Mama’s 5 Questions
- If you could be represented by a color, which one would you choose and why?
I want to say purple because it is my favorite color. But in reality, I would be represented by green. It’s the color of plants and I have such a deep love of gardening and nature that I feel that green would represent me the best.
- What is your writing process?
I tend to lean towards the frantically writing a post the night before side of the spectrum of writing. I always tell myself that I will be better at planning things out and taking my time when writing. It rarely happens. The good news is, I work well under the pressure of a deadline. So as chaotic as last-minute writing is, it works for me.
- If you could change the outcome of one experience in your life, what would it be and why?
I would not have attended my Grade 8 graduation. I know that sounds weird. Honestly, I never wanted to go to it. I begged my parents to let me stay home that night. They didn’t listen and forced me to go, claiming it was important. While I’m sure it was important to most kids, for me it was torture. I did not want to stand around with the people who had bullied me for years just so that I could get a silly little piece of paper that in reality means nothing.
- What does the future look like for you in a perfect world?
Oh geez. I have no idea, honestly. Not to sound negative, but I don’t think a perfect world can or should exist. We need flaws and failures to make us who we are and to truly learn.
- What is your biggest inspiration?
My husband and son. They always encourage me and push me outside of my comfort zone but also respect my limits. They have been a big help in the blogging process as well. Coming up with ideas, telling me to take pictures of this and that. Much as I doubt myself some days, they tell me I can do it. Because of them, I am a better person and a better blogger.
My Nominees are
Questions For My Nominees
- What is your favorite book or book series?
- If you could time travel, would you go to the past or future?
- If you could be a bread, what type of bread would you be? Why?
- What is your one dream vacation destination?
- What do you hope to see happen within your blog over the next year?