August has come to an end. I don’t know where the month went. It was the beginning of the month and then suddenly it was over. Time sure is flying and it has me thinking about the upcoming fall season, which inevitably means getting ready for winter. August was kind of a crazy month and admittedly it meant a lot of my goals got overlooked. Despite that, it was also a great month, as I was able to see my grandmother for the first time in three years. Before I share my September goals, let’s take a moment to see what happened with my August goals. If you aren’t setting monthly goals already, I would highly suggest doing it. It’s honestly the best way to keep yourself accountable.
How did I do with my August goals
- Read at least 10 books. Not even close! Shocking, I know, but it just didn’t happen this month. See what I did manage to read in August.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Yes! I watched 1 season of Ranma 1/2. I also watched 4 episodes of Fruits Basket, 3 episodes of Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?, and 1 episode of If It’s For My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat A Demon Lord.
- Try 1 new recipe. Sadly this didn’t happen.
- Walk every day. Almost. I did miss a few days due to traveling to visit family but other than that we were out walking every day.
- Spend 30+ minutes learning Japanese every day. Nope! Between a week away visiting family and some other life things I just didn’t put the time into this. I did try to make up for the days missed by doing extra, but I know I am behind on my lessons.
- Weed the garden. It wasn’t the most thorough of weeding over the month since I only did spots where there were big weeds. So, it’s a semi-success for this one.
- Home improvement projects. Nope, I didn’t make time for this.
- Eat from the pantry and freezer. Did decently with this one, but honestly, we could have done better. At least a couple of things got used up.
- Declutter the house. We put a tiny dent in this one but nowhere near as much as I was hoping.
- Update 5 posts. Yes. I believe in total I updated 9 old posts.
- Get ahead on posts. Yes – but only because I majorly cut back on the number of blog posts I did this month.
- Create new pin images. Not in the slightest. I don’t think I did any – outside of the ones for this month’s new posts.
- Add a ‘Work with me’ page. Once again I failed at this.
- Update my ‘About me’ page. Nope! Why is writing stuff about yourself so dang hard?
- Read at least 10 books. Yes, this again. I really want to tackle my TBR.
- Watch 1 season of a show. I’m honestly hoping to watch a few seasons worth, but at the very minimum, one will do.
- Try 1 new recipe. Not sure what I will make, but this one is a regular monthly goal.
- Walk every day. It’s starting to cool down so I really want to do this. We will probably walk twice daily just to enjoy it while we can.
- Spend 30+ minutes learning Japanese every day. I really need to focus on this. Every time I miss some days doing it I feel like I forget everything I previously learned. I will probably set up a time each day to do it so I stick with it.
- Weed the garden. Assuming that the garden is still going throughout September, then this will happen.
- Eat from the pantry and freezer. If we can get the freezer nearly empty I will be happy. If I do our monthly meal plan right then this will happen no problem.
- Declutter the house. With a move coming up, this is going to be a big focus this month. I don’t want to bring anything with us that we don’t need.
- Sell some items. This goes hand in hand with decluttering. I will donate some items, however, there is a number I want to sell and I’m hoping to get rid of them this month.
- Harvest the garden. The beans and perhaps a few other things should be ready this month. This also means I will be busy canning what I harvest.
- Update 5 posts. This again, but honestly I’m enjoying going over these old posts.
- Get ahead on posts. Ah, the eternal struggle. Can I do it this month? I hope so.
- Create new pin images. If I can get a few done this month I will be happy.
- Add a ‘Work with me’ page. I can do it this month.
- Update my ‘About me’ page. Fingers crossed I can think of what to put this time around.
There you have it, my September goals. What goals have you made for this month?