Can you believe it’s already September? Time sure is flying by, but that happens a lot. One month blends into another and before you know it, the end of the year is fast approaching. September is a month of seasonal change, as we shift from summer to autumn, which creates a decent-sized to-do list but also brings the beauty of fall as the tree leaves begin to change. However, one thing that doesn’t change is my desire to keep creating goals each month and do my best to accomplish all of them. Before we get to my September 2022 goals, let’s take a moment to see how I did with August’s goals.
August was decently busy. Even so, I found plenty of time to sit around and relax. I’m quite happy with how I kept up with things this month, though some areas could have been better.
- Read at least 5 books. That and more! Check out what I read in August.
- Clean and organize the shed. Yes and no. This time of year, keeping the shed clean and organized is a challenge but for the most part, I did decent with this.
- Start winter prep. Yes, I got some things on my winter prep list done.
- Weed the garden. I definitely slacked a lot on this. While some weeding got done, I for the most part ignored them.
- Garden maintenance. I did better with this than with the weeding.
- Harvest the garden. There wasn’t a ton to harvest as the garden has been fairly lackluster in many ways this year. However, I did get some beans, tomatoes, and herbs harvested over the course of the month.
- Clean seed trays. Yes, I got nearly all of them cleaned.
- Work on August’s posts. This was somewhat of a success – if you call frantically typing up a post the night before it goes onto the blog successful.
September 2022 goals
September is bound to be another busy month. This is when the real push to get everything done before winter happens. It also ushers in autumn, my favorite season.
- Read at least 10 books. I bumping up my reading goal this month because I feel like reading more.
- Clean and organize the shed. This will be an ongoing project as we transition into fall and need to put all of our outdoor stuff away from the winter months. Hopefully, it will be all done by the end of this month.
- Continue winter prep. Another ongoing task as we get ready for the cooler months of the year. There is a lot to do to make sure we have everything we need for winter ahead of time.
- Build a canoe rack. This is a long overdue project but it needs to get done. This month I will be working on building the canoe rack and if time and weather permits, we will also be installing it on the back of our shed.
- Catch up on anime. I have a few series I have partially watched that I really want to catch up on this month.
- Watch 1 season of a show. This goal is more of an optional one, however, if I have time, I want to watch at least one season of a show I have on my to-watch list.
- Weed the garden. This should be the last month of the growing season and hopefully the last month of dealing with the weeds.
- Garden maintenance. At this point, most of this will involve pulling plants that are done producing and prepping the beds for winter.
- Harvest the garden. September is usually the push to get the final bits of the garden harvested before everything dies off as the cooler weather sets in.
- Sanitize the seed trays. With the trays clean, it’s time to sanitize them so that they are ready to store for the winter. This also makes sure they are ready for immediate use in the spring without needing to sanitize them then.
- Work on September’s posts. Though I am keeping my posting schedule minimal at the moment, I so want to try and get somewhat ahead on this month’s posts.
Those are my September 2022 goals. What goals do you have for the month?