The ninth month of 2021 has arrived. We are steadily approaching the end of the year. September ushers in the beginning of school and the arrival of fall – which is the best season. As with all months, I like to create a list of goals to accomplish. Whether that list is long or short will depend on the month. After doing this for a few years, I’ve really come to enjoy creating and reaching these goals. If you haven’t started making monthly goals yet, then I highly encourage you to start doing so. Before we get to my September 2021 goals, let’s first take a moment to see how I did with my August goals.
August was a decently busy month. It was also a month of ups and downs, but in the end, I think I did pretty well with things despite all of that.
- Read at least 5 books. Yes! Check out what I read in August
- Watch at least 1 season of a show. Yes, I watched 1 season of Life in Color with David Attenborough, 1 season of Seven Worlds, One Planet, and 1 season of The Ingenuity of the Househusband.
- Workout 3 days a week. Yes. I skipped the first week of the month but after that, I did get back into it.
- Weed the garden. Not even close. The weeds have taken over completely.
- Study Japanese for 30 minutes a day. Yes, except for the first week of the month. It felt good to get back into this regularly again.
- Learn 5 kanji. Nope. I ended up doing a review month instead.
- Work on a short story. Yes. In act, I ended up working on 3 different short stories this month. None are complete yet, but it was nice to work on something other than novels for a while – even if I do find short stories harder to write than novels.
- Work on August’s posts. I will call this a semi-success. While I did work on August’s posts, it was mostly done frantically the night before a post would go up.
September 2021 goals
September is going to be a busy month. The garden needs to be harvested, there is winter prep to work on and a whole bunch of other things. Needless to say, I will be keeping my goals to a minimum with most of them focusing on those areas.
- Read at least 5 books. As always, my first goal is to read at least 5 books. I’m hoping to get through more than 5 but we’ll see how the month goes.
- Watch at least 1 season of a show. This is my fun goal, I like to include one every month. I don’t quite know what I’ll be watching
- Workout 3 days a week. Getting back into regular exercise so sticking with 3 days a week this month.
- Weed the garden. This must happen this month. The weeds have completely taken over, so I need to clear them out.
- Harvest the garden. September is the month of harvesting for the garden, so this will be where a lot of my time and effort goes.
- Preserve the harvest. Once the garden is harvested, those items need to be preserved. That means I will be busy dehydrating, canning, and freezing throughout the month.
- Clean and organize the shed. This is all a part of getting ready for winter, that way we can properly store our rain barrels and other big items soon.
- Study Japanese for 30 minutes a day. I’d like to do more than 30 minutes a day but that is the bare minimum.
- Learn 5 kanji. Again, I would like to learn more than 5 but this is the bare minimum as I also like to review all the previously learned ones each month.
- Work on one of my writing projects. I have no idea what projects I will end up working on this month, all that matters is that I am regularly writing and getting words in, especially for my year of writing.
- Work on September and October’s posts. I have some of September’s posts done already but I would like to get the rest done and work on a few October posts this month as well.
Those are my September 2021 goals. What goals are you working on this month?