As you prepare for the Christmas holidays, don’t forget about your dog as you buy gifts and do your holiday baking. Making your dog homemade peanut butter dog treats for Christmas is a great way to show him or her how much you love them. These treats are easy to make and use very few ingredients. Be sure to cook up a batch of these soon so that your dog can enjoy them on Christmas morning.
Measure all ingredients and preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, thoroughly mix together skim milk and all-natural peanut butter. Be sure that you are using all-natural peanut butter as it does not contain any additives.
In a separate bowl, mix together the whole wheat flour and baking soda. It is best to use whole wheat flour for these treats, however, you can use all-purpose flour if that is all you have.
Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until well combined. The mixture may become fairly thick. If it becomes too thick to work with, add a small amount of water. Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure everything gets mixed together.
Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thick and cut into desired shapes. I normally make dog bone shaped treats, however, with the holiday coming up, I also included some Christmas shapes. Place treats on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes. Cookies should be hard. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix together skim milk and all natural peanut butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour and baking soda.
- Add the dry mixture to the peanut butter mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thick and cut into desired shapes. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.