When it comes to breakfast, one of the top choices is pancakes. They are quick to make, tasty, and filling. However, few people make from-scratch pancakes as they feel that they take up too much time. I’m here to show you how quick and easy pancakes are. Even on mornings when you feel like there isn’t a lot of time to make anything, these pancakes can be whipped up in little time. They have a wonderfully fluffy texture that helps to fill you up and fuel your day. Top with your favorite toppings, we prefer butter and maple syrup, and you are ready to start your day. In fact, for my family, no Saturday is complete until we have pancakes. Even people who are just learning to cook can make these. In fact, they are great for teaching kids to cook as well.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that should you make a purchase after following one of these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Because these pancakes are from scratch, you much first make the master mix. A full batch of the master mix will make approximately 8 batches of pancakes. Start by gathering all the necessary ingredients. You can halve this recipe if you wish to make a smaller amount of the master pancake mix. Combine the flour, instant non-fat dry milk, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Using a whisk, stir the mix thoroughly until well combined. Place the master mix into a labeled container, making sure to add the date it was made. Use the mix within 8 months. I prefer to use OXO Good Grips Containers as they have an excellent seal.
To make the master mix
- 10 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups instant non-fat dry milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 2 Tbsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. I recommend using a whisk, this will allow for the even distribution of all ingredients throughout the mix. Store mixture in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
- Make sure to date the container and use it within 8 months.
To make the pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups of pancake master mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Heat up a pan on the stove to medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, place 1 1/2 cups of pancake master mix.
- Mix together egg, water, and oil. Add to the dry mix. Alternatively, you can put the wet ingredients directly in with the dry and mix thoroughly.
- Let the mixture stand for a few minutes before making pancakes.
- Pour approximately 1/3 cup of the pancake batter into the preheated pan. Cook for about two minutes or until bubbly.
- Flip the pancake and cook for about one minute.
- Enjoy your pancakes with your favorite toppings.
Have extra pancakes after making a batch? Cover them and put them in the refrigerator. They can be heated up the next day, about 30 seconds in the microwave and then they are ready to be eaten.
Have you ever had from-scratch pancakes? If not, give this recipe a try. It’s sure to become a family favorite.