Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated. For those times when life keeps you busy but you want a healthy and filling meal, it may seem like cooking dinner isn’t an option. However, that isn’t the case. One-pot meals are a great way to get that home-cooked dinner without creating too many dishes or taking up too much time. This one-pan Mexican rice with chicken is a fantastic option. In as little as 30 minutes, you will have a homemade meal that will have your entire family running to the table.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that should you make a purchase after following one of these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
One-pan Mexican rice with chicken
- 1 pound chicken breast, chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can of corn
- cheese, shredded
- cilantro (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Cut your chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Add a small amount of oil to your pan and cook your chicken on medium heat.
- Once the chicken is partially cooked, add all other ingredients, except the cheese, cilantro, and sour cream, to the pan.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked. You may need to add a bit more liquid if the rice isn’t fully cooked.
- Top with cheese and continue to cook for a minute or two until cheese is melted. Top with cilantro and serve immediately. You can serve with sour cream if you want.
Other chicken recipes to try:
Give this one-pan Mexican rice a try next time you are short on time. Do you enjoy one-pot meals?