October has arrived. I don’t know about you, but it feels like the closer to the end of the year we get, the faster the months pass us by. I could have sworn that only yesterday was the beginning of September, and yet here we are, a few days into October. A new month means it’s time to talk about my goals. The last couple of months have been a bit crazy and I haven’t been hitting my goals. However, that has not deterred me from continuing to set them each month. Before I share my October goals, let’s take a moment and see how well I did with September’s goals.
How did I do with my September goals
- Read at least 10 books. Yes! I wasn’t sure this would happen but managed to squeeze it in. You can see what I read here.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Yes, I watched 1 season of Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day. I also ended up watching 5 episodes of Fruits Basket, 4 episodes of Demon Slayer: Kimestu no Yaiba, 3 episodes of If It’s For My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat A Demon Lord, 3 episodes of [ given ], 12 episodes of Are You Lost?, 2 episodes of Isekai Cheat Magician, and 3 episodes of Dr. STONE.
- Try 1 new recipe. Yes! I actually created a recipe by random one night with lots of fresh from the garden vegetables. I plan to share it soon.
- Walk every day. Darn close. I missed a couple of days due to rainy weather.
- Spend 30+ minutes learning Japanese every day. Got really close on this one. I know I missed a few days, however, I did an hour or more on many of the days.
- Weed the garden. Not really. I weeded the garden but it wasn’t very thorough. Basically, I pulled weeds if they were near the plants whenever I was harvesting things.
- Eat from the pantry and freezer. Did a pretty good job of this. The freezer is getting pretty darn empty, and honestly, we had to do a minor stock up at the end of the month because we were running out of meal options.
- Declutter the house. There wasn’t a lot to do for this, but I did find some things to get rid of which was nice.
- Sell some items. A semi-success. I did sell some items, but nowhere near as many as I was hoping to.
- Harvest the garden. Yes! Honestly, there isn’t much left in the garden at this point. I did manage to get a few harvests of beans, cabbages, and herbs, plus a few carrots here and there.
- Update 5 posts. I only managed to update four, but that’s pretty close.
- Get ahead on posts. Nope. I even cut back on the number of posts this month and I still couldn’t get ahead.
- Create new pin images. I made a few, but nowhere near as many as I hoped to.
- Add a ‘Work with me’ page. Nope!
- Update my ‘About me’ page. Once again, I failed at this.
- Read at least 10 books. Big surprise, I know. But, I am making quite a bit of progress with my TBR. Thus I will continue to aim for this goal each month.
- Watch 1 season of a show. I have added a few shows to my to-watch list. If I can knock out one season’s worth, plus some extra episodes of ongoing series on Crunchyroll then I will be happy.
- Try 1 new recipe. I have a list of recipes I want to try that’s a million miles long, so I need to get at least one made this month.
- Walk every day. With fall here I am running out of good weather to get this done.
- Spend 1 hour learning Japanese every day. Now that I have a set time of day to work on this, I should be able to hit this no problem. I have really been enjoying learning Japanese so I am eager to continue with this. It’s also why I’ve bumped it up from 30 minutes to an hour.
- Weed the garden. It needs a pre-winter weeding after all.
- Eat from the pantry and freezer. With a monthly meal plan focusing on this, I know we can do it.
- Declutter the house. Though I feel like I am running out of things to get rid of, I know there are inevitably a few odds and ends that need to go. So that is my focus this month.
- Sell some items. Though I do donate a lot of stuff, I want to try to sell some things that are still worth something.
- Harvest the garden. With only a couple of things left, this won’t be too big of a task.
- Deep clean the house. With a move in our future, I want to give the house a deep cleaning. Also, with the cooler weather here, the chance to open windows and air out the house is running out. This way, when we do move, we don’t need to stay behind and clean everything before getting to our new home. It will just need a quick clean before we go. I plan is to tackle one room a week until everything is done.
- Make freezer meals. I am way behind on my winter prep, so I want to work on that. Even though we plan to move soon, I want to make a couple of small freezer meals just in case.
- Update 5 posts. A never-ending task, but I don’t mind doing it for the most part.
- Get ahead on posts. I think I can, I think I can!
- Create new pin images. Another never-ending task.
- Add a ‘Work with me’ page. I can do it this month.
- Update my ‘About me’ page. Fingers crossed I can think of what to put this time around.
Those are my October goals. It will be a pretty busy month but honestly, I don’t mind. Keeping busy allows me to avoid boredom – for the most part at least. Have you set any goals for this month?