Hello October! Wow, this year is going by so fast. I have a hard time believing that it is already October. A new month means a new set of goals. Before I get into my October goals, I want to take a moment and look back on my September goals and see how well I did with them.
How I did in September
- Weed the garden. Not so much.
- Harvest the garden. Done! Got lots of beans, shelling peas and snap peas picked.
- Prep the garden for winter. Some of this is done. However, with some plants still occupying the beds, not all of it is done.
- Clean garden tools. Since I’m still using these, they didn’t get their pre-winter cleaning yet.
- Go foraging. I missed out on this one. Kind of forgot about it for a bit and then by the time I remembered, most of the things were already done.
- Declutter the kitchen. Done. This was quite the task, but I got it done.
- Organize the kitchen. For the most part, I think I got this done. I may fiddle with a few things in the coming weeks to make them more friendly.
- Start canning. Got quite a bit done towards this. With 21 pints of beans and 26 pints of tomato vegetable soup, we are slowly but steadily building up our canning pantry.
- Start bullet journaling again. Nope!
- Read at least 2 books. Got close on this one. I did read an entire omnibus in one day, so in a way, I guess that could count, since there were multiple books in it.
- Exercise regularly. Not so much. I did some, then I got hurt and had to take in easy for a bit.
- Seal the deck. Nope. It was too cold, then too wet and then too cold and too wet. So this will have to wait until the spring.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Give me a shiny gold star for this one! I finished the second season of Hercules The Legendary Journeys and then watched all of the third season. Then I watched all of Sword Art Online and Sword Art Online II, The Irregular At Magic High School, Ouran High School Host Club, and Scrapped Princess, all of which happen to be one season long each, Add in the half season worth for the following shows: Dr. Pimple Popper, Alone and Deadliest Catch, and you can say I definitely met this goal.
- Try a new recipe. Done! We made tin foil dinners one night and really enjoyed them.
- Start winter prep. Hubby and I busted our arses getting a lot of this done. We aren’t done yet, but I’m really happy with how much we got done.
- Start getting ready for NaNoWriMo. I have made some progress on this, but not as much as I would have liked.
- Get ahead on blog posts. I did, then I fell behind and then I got ahead, so yeah, I got this one done for the most part.
- Do some background blog work. I think I got all of this done.
- Work on social media. I got some work done on Pinterest, but not so much with Facebook.
- Take more pictures. Yup, I did well with this one. Don’t recall how many I took, but it was a lot.
Honestly, October feels like it is going to be a busy month. I have things that need to get done, along with plenty that I want to get done. There is also Thanksgiving, my husband’s birthday, our anniversary and Halloween in the mix.
- Finish harvesting the garden. There isn’t a lot left to harvest, but I want to get everything pulled soon.
- Get the garden ready for winter. Once everything is harvested, I will be prepping all of the beds for winter.
- Clean the garden tools. This is always the final gardening task of the year. I want them cleaned and properly put away so they don’t get rusty over the winter.
- Do more canning. I did a decent amount of this in September, but there is more to do. October means Thanksgiving, which leads to large amounts of leftover turkey which I plan to turn into turkey soup.
- Try a new recipe. I think this will be a longterm monthly goal. I really enjoy trying new recipes, so getting to at least one every month is great.
- Do more NaNoWriMo prep. I started this in September, but I still have a ways to go. This is the month to get it done.
- Get ready for winter. We knocked out so much of this in September, but there is still a bit more to do. Mostly it’s doing a bit of shopping for what we need and the garden work.
- Exercise regularly. Yup, I’m going for this one again.
- Organize the kitchen. I got a lot of this done in September, but I feel like there is some room for improvement, so I will be working on that this month.
- Read at least 2 books. This is another goal that will likely make an appearance on a monthly basis. I like the idea of setting aside time to read and making a goal to read a certain amount of books.
- Paint the bathroom. I had hoped to get this done in September, but it just didn’t get done. Mostly I was delayed by needing to apply and then let dry so many layers of patching on the big hole we had to fix.
- Paint the kitchen and entryway. This will be a big project that will happen during a week that hubby is off because there is just so much to paint. Plus, I don’t do ladders.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Yes, this one again. I don’t foresee myself watching as much as I did in September, but if I can watch at least one season of something, then I will be happy.
- Get and stay ahead. I managed to get ahead in September, for the most part, so I would like to keep that going through October.
- Take pictures. Now is the month to squeeze in those last non-snow filled outdoor pictures. Plus who doesn’t love taking pictures of the leaves changing colors? Lots of great picture opportunities to be had this month.
What goals do you have for the month? Did you get all of your previous month’s goals done, or did some of them slide into this month?