It’s hard to believe that it’s already October. We are now firmly in the final months of the year. The weather has been rapidly changing here, with cold nights and chilly days ahead. October is our opportunity to get the final few outdoor projects done before it becomes too cold or snowy to easily work outside. Because of this, it will be a very busy month and my goals will reflect that. This is one of the reasons why I change my goals on a monthly basis. What works for me in June may not work in October. Keeping this in mind and knowing I have limited time to get some things done, I have made several adjustments to my goals this month. Before I get into my October 2022 goals, let’s take a moment to see how I did with September’s goals.
September was a decently busy month. It was also a surprisingly rain-filled month, which impacted my ability to work outside on several goals I had planned. Even so, I was able to knock out quite a few of my goals.
- Read at least 10 books. Not quite. I started off the month strong and may have reached this goal had I not been busy with other things. See what I read in September.
- Clean and organize the shed. Not quite. The shed did get a minimal bit of organizing, however, since I am storing the various pieces of the canoe rack in there until it can be installed, we did not have a chance to truly clean and organize it.
- Continue winter prep. We knocked quite a bit off the winter prep list this month.
- Build a canoe rack. Yes, I finally finished this job. However, we did not have a chance to install it.
- Catch up on anime. I did catch up on a few partially viewed series. I watched 5 episodes of Love of Kill, 1 episode of Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid S, and 1 episode of Tonikawa: Over The Moon For You. It’s kind of silly I left 2 shows with only a single episode left to watch for so long.
- Watch 1 season of a show. That and more. I watched 1 season of Prehistoric Planet, 1 season of Jericho, 1 season of My Next Life As A Villainess: All Routes Lead To Doom! X, and 1 season of Blue Spring Ride.
- Weed the garden. Not even close.
- Garden maintenance. With all the rain we got in September, it was hard to get much garden work done. However, some of the beds have been prepped for winter.
- Harvest the garden. There wasn’t much left to harvest, but I did grab what I could out of it.
- Sanitize the seed trays. Yes, they are cleaned and stored away, ready to be used come spring.
- Work on September’s posts. I will call this a semi-success. I did get the posts done but a lot of them were frantically typed up the night before.
October 2022 goals
October will likely be one of the busiest months in a while. I will be keeping my goals light in many respects while those I am making align with tasks that need to be completed soon. Winter is creeping up on us and we have a list of things that need to be done before that arrives.
- Read at least 5 books. Since it’s going to be a busy month, I am dropping this goal to 5 books.
- Deep clean the house. This is a task we started at the end of September and will be continuing into this month. We want the house spotless going into the cooler months.
- Install the canoe rack. I finally finished building the canoe rack in September, however, we didn’t get it installed before the month was over. This will be one of our priority projects so we can store the canoe for winter.
- Clean and organize the shed. Once the canoe rack is no longer taking up most of the space of the shed, then we will be able to get this space cleaned and organized.
- Catch up on anime. I’m still working through quite a large backlog of anime, so I’m hoping to get through some of it this month. However, this goal is also one I won’t be focusing on until I have gotten the more important tasks done.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Once again, this is a loose goal. If I find time to watch enough TV to get through an entire season of a show then that would be awesome but I’m not holding my breath on this one.
- Weed the garden. Now that we have had a few frosts, most of the plants have died off. I’d like to give the garden a final weeding before it gets too cold.
- Add gravel to garden paths. This is a job I’ve been wanting to do since putting in the new garden. It has to get done this month no matter what.
- Clean and store garden tools. Once I finish the final weeding, I will take some time to properly clean and store all my garden tools so they are ready for next year.
- Work on October’s posts. I don’t have many posts planned for the month, but I need to set some time aside to ensure they get done. If I happen to get any of November’s posts done as well, then that will be a nice bonus.
Those are my October 2022 goals. What goals have you set for the month?