The eleventh month of 2021 has arrived. We are getting wonderfully close to finishing the year and starting another. November is one of my favorite months, mostly because it is the month of NaNoWriMo – the month-long writing challenge. But the month itself is nice in other ways. The weather, while cold, is still pleasant most days. Hot chocolate and soup become regular features on the meal plan. But, like all months, it’s an opportunity to get stuff done. Breaking my large goals into smaller monthly chunks helps keep me on track and avoids the overwhelm of trying to get it all done at once. Before we get into my November 2021 goals, let’s take a moment to see how I did with my October goals.
October was a decently busy month but I didn’t let that stop me from tackling as many goals as I could. It was also a surprisingly warm month, though we did have a decent number of colder days, it still didn’t feel like October most of the time.
- Read at least 5 books. Yes. Check out what I read in October.
- Watch at least 1 season of a show. Surprisingly enough, no. I somehow did not find time to watch any series this month. Though I did get to watch Violet Evergarden: The Movie and really enjoyed it.
- Workout 3 days a week. Not quite. My knees were once again causing me issues. I did get out and walk for an hour each day and did minimal weight lifting. But when it comes to an actual workout, those were skipped.
- Clean and store garden tools. I got this done on the very last day of the month. The garden tools have been cleaned and put away in the shed. they will remain there until spring finally makes its appearance once more.
- Study Japanese for 30 minutes a day. There were a few days during the month that I skipped out on studying, but otherwise we will call this a success.
- Learn 5 kanji. No. I slacked off and didn’t learn any new Kanji.
- Get ready for NaNoWriMo. Yes. I may have waffled a lot during the month on what project I would work on, but in the end, I got much if not all of the necessary NaNoWriMo prep done. This includes getting snacks ready and cleaning my writing area.
- Work on one of my writing projects. Yes! Though a lot of my writing time went to NaNoWriMo prep, I did get some work done on an older project as well.
- Work on October and November’s posts. Yes, though I did skip one of the posts I had planned for October as I wasn’t happy with it. I have most of November’s posts already done and scheduled. All that is left to do is my weekly NaNoWriMo updates.
November 2021 goals
November means it’s NaNoWriMo time! That means the vast majority of my waking hours will be spent writing. This in turn means modifying my goals to fit that. So, I will be cutting back on some and adjusting others. I still want to get other stuff done throughout the month but know what most of my time and energy will be going into writing.
- Read at least 5 books. I may be busy writing a book, but that doesn’t mean I won’t have some time to enjoy reading. Five books should be manageable this month, especially since I have some shorter ones picked out.
- Watch at least 1 season of a show. It will be nice to take a break from writing and enjoy some TV. I hope to get through one season of a show during the course of the month. I have a few shows in mind, so we’ll see which one I will end up watching.
- Review Japanese for 30 minutes a day. I will be using November as a review month, ensuring that what I have recently learned doesn’t fade. I aim to spend at least 30 minutes a day reviewing Japanese, but if I can manage an hour that would be even better.
- Complete NaNoWriMo. The prep work is done and now it’s time to write that novel I always love the chaos of NaNoWriMo, trying to keep up with the daily word count – though I feel that will be a breeze this far into my milwordy challenge.
- Work on November and December’s posts. November is taken care of except for my weekly NaNoWriMo updates. But I would like to get a head start on some of December’s posts.