November is here! We are coming up to the end of 2020 and it seems crazy that it’s already so late in the year. These last couple of months have really flown by and I’m starting to get excited for next year, but first, we need to get through the next two months. As always, a new month means I take some time to review my previous month’s goals, make any necessary adjustments, and then get busy setting my November 2020 goals. Before we get into November’s goals, let’s take a moment to go over how well I did with October’s goals.
October goals review
Oh, October, or should I call it the month where I didn’t get things done. Now, don’t get me wrong, I did accomplish quite a bit over the course of the month. However, when it comes to my goals I did a pretty terrible job of keeping up with them.
- Read at least 5 books. Yes!. Come see what I read in October.
- Watch 1 season of a show. This one was super successful. I watched 1 season of Carmen Sandiego, 1 season of Toradora!, and 1 season of Phineas and Ferb. On top of this, I also watched 1 episode of The Misfit of Demon King Academy, 3 episodes of Tonikawa: Over The Moon For You, and 4 episodes of Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon.
- Workout every day. Not even close. While I did walk Penny for an hour every day except one, doing actual workouts fell to the wayside.
- Continue winter prep. Yes. There were a number of small tasks that got knocked out this month, like putting away the barbeque. Which is a good thing because we did get 6 inches of snow one day.
- Try a new recipe. Yes, we tried 2 new recipes and we loved them both.
- Spend 30 minutes listening and speaking Japanese. Not every day, but I did try to get it done as often as possible.
- Spend 30 minutes on Japanese writing and reading. Nope. Much like the above, it didn’t happen every day.
- Learn 10 Kanji. This one I did get done. Though I will admit that I still struggle with remembering the exact stroke order for some of them, I’m working on it.
- Journal every day. Not even close. I missed about half of the month.
- Continue prep for NaNoWriMo. This is the one where I feel the most accomplished. Though there is always that feeling that some part of the outline is missing, I am confident I got as much done as I could and those few possible missing parts will sort themselves out as I begin writing.
- Work on October & November’s posts. Yes. I have all of Novembers posts done, except the NaNoWriMo weekly updates, which obviously can’t be done ahead of time.
- Create new pin images. Other than a few for this month’s posts, I completely failed at this.
November 2020 goals
It’s NaNoWriMo month! That means I will be cutting back my goals so that I can truly focus on my writing. I will have a few goals to work on throughout the month, but November’s are all about the craziness of writing a novel in a single month, so I won’t have a ton of time for the other stuff.
- Read 5 books. I think 5 is a manageable number and who knows, I may read more than that. I have several short books set aside for the month.
- Watch 1 season of a show. As always, I like to throw in a fun goal each month. Watching TV is a good way to relax after a busy day and helps to whittle down my to-be-watched list.
- Workout every day. After failing at this last month, I am ready to get back into this full time. I’m aiming for 20 minute long workouts each day.
- Spend 1 hour reviewing Japanese a day. I like to dedicate a full month every now and then to review what I have recently learned. This seems like a great month to do that and it will help reinforce what I know so future lessons will stick better.
- Review the Kanji I have learned. At this point, I have learned about 40 Kanji. So much like my other lessons, I will be using this month to review them and ensure I know their meaning, use, and the proper stroke order before I commit to learning more.
- Journal every day. I enjoy journaling, so I will be once again doing my best to do this daily.
- Complete NaNoWriMo. NaNoWriMo is here and I am super excited to get working on my novel. This is where the bulk of my time and energy for the month will be going.
- Work on November and December’s posts. Since the only posts I have to work on this month are my NaNoWriMo updates, I will be using my normal blog time to work on December’s posts, otherwise, I will be scrambling to get them done when that month rolls around.
- Create new pin images. Another constant task of blogging is creating pin imagines. I need to make new pins for older posts while keeping up with making them for new posts.
Those are my November 2020 goals. It’s not a lot but I feel confident that I will be able to tackle all of these.