May is here! Can you believe we are already in the fifth month of the year? Time seems to be going so fast. I blinked and April was gone. A new month means it’s time to talk about my monthly goals. I mentioned before that I am trying to expand my goals a bit, as I feel they have been getting a bit repetitive. My May goals have a few new additions and I am quite excited to mix it up a bit. First, let’s take a look back and see how I did with my April goals.
How did I do with my April goals?
- Read at least 10 books. That and more so! I read 52 books! Crazy, I know. You can check out my thoughts on them.
- Watch 3 seasons of shows. Yes. I watched 1 season of Our Planet, 1 season of The Quintessential Quintuplets, 2 seasons of The Dragon Prince, 1 season of The Devil Is A Part-Timer, 2 seasons of Kimi ni Todoke (From Me To You), 1 season of Empire Games and last but not least, season 6 of Hercules The Legendary Journeys. On top of this, I watched 1 episode of Girly Airforce, 1 episode of Sword Art Online Alicization, 4 episodes of The Rising of The Shield Hero, 3 episodes of Fruits Basket.
- Try 1 new recipe. Yes. We made snickerdoodles, which were good but seemed to go stale really quickly. I guess I can’t complain too much since it was an incentive to eat them quickly. Also, I created a new recipe, which turned out amazing. I will have to make it again so I can share it soon – plus the family has requested it again.
- Eat from freezer and pantry. Again, this was a success. Our deep freezer is nearly empty, which means we will soon be able to defrost it, which was the main goal of this pantry challenge.
- Write 1-2 chapters. This almost didn’t happen. I was so focused on blog work and reading that I barely snuck this one in before the month ended. But, I did manage to get a single chapter written.
- Walk every day. Almost 100% success with this one. There were a few days when the weather didn’t cooperate, but overall we walked 30 minutes to 1 hour nearly every day.
- Update 5 posts. I actually got 7 posts updated.
- Grow social media. Yes! I saw good growth throughout the month. Putting a bit of effort into my Facebook page really paid off.
- Get ahead on posts. Yes and no. I got ahead, then fell behind, then got ahead. So, we’ll call this a partial success.
- Create new pin images. Didn’t get too many of these done, but I suppose a few is better than none. I still haven’t added any to my posts though.
- Find guest blogging opportunities. While I don’t have anything 100% lined up, I do have a list of blogs I would love to do guest posts for and I’ve been brainstorming ideas for that. So, a partial success.
- Read at least 10 books. We all know I will read way more than 10 books, but I’m keeping this number low just in case.
- Watch 3 seasons of shows. I’m actually starting to run out of things to watch. Thanks to my digital declutter, I have watched almost everything that was on my Netflix watch list. Even so, I think I can pull this one off without issue.
- Try 1 new recipe. This should be easy enough. I have a list of recipes I want to try. I just need to make sure to make room for them in the meal plan and that we have those ingredients on hand.
- Eat from freezer and pantry. I’ll admit, they are pretty darn empty at the moment, but even so, I think we can pull off one more month before needing to do a big stock up shopping trip.
- Write 1-2 chapters. I hope to get more than 2 chapters written, but I think at the bare minimum it’s a good goal for the time being. If I get more than this done then I will be happy, but I need to leave time for blogging, reading, and family.
- Walk every day. With the weather being nice, it should be easy enough to reach this goal.
- Do yoga 2-3 times a week. After hurting my back shoveling snow in March I have slowly been recovering. It’s better now but I still lack a lot of flexibility and it does lock up from time to time. Therefore, I figured doing yoga a few times a week will help. I will ease into this slowly and hopefully be able to build up my strength and flexibility over the next while.
- Do book research. Now that I have started writing again, there are a few things I need to do a bit of research on. I probably should have done this first, but you know what they say ‘better late than never’.
- Spend 30+ minutes learning Japanese every day. I have wanted to learn Japanese for a while now and after watching a few learning videos I have decided to add it into my regular routine.
- Update 5 posts. Since this an important aspect of blogging, I am going to continue to do this monthly. Five posts is a good number as some of them take more work than others to update.
- Grow social media. I am going to put most of my focus on Facebook again, as I’m finally starting to see good growth in it. However, I hope to see all my social media grow.
- Get ahead on posts. Wouldn’t it be amazing if I actually 100% accomplished this? A girl can dream.
- Create new pin images. Not only do I need to do this for older posts, but I also need to start adding them to said posts. I am going to set aside time to make sure this gets done.
- Find guest blogging opportunities. Though I didn’t secure any last month, I did find a few blogs that I would like to do a guest post on. So I am going to do some brainstorming and then contact those bloggers this month.
How are you doing with monthly goals? What is your biggest goal for this month?