May has arrived in a hurry. The month all but snuck up on me and I felt ill-prepared for it. With its arrival, came a major shift in weather, pushing the last remnants of winter away and landing us solidly in spring weather. This means there are lots to do and luckily plenty of hours of daylight to do it in. Much like every month, setting a list of goals I want to accomplish in May will help me stay on track, get stuff done, and ensure I set some time aside to have some fun as well. Before we get to my May 2022 goals, let’s take a look at how I did with April’s goals.
I majorly cut back on April’s goals because I was feeling burnt out and needed a bit of a break. It certainly helped a lot, as I was able to have a slower pace and do what I wanted most days with little structure.
- Read at least 5 books. Yes, I got quite a bit of reading done in April.
- Watch 1 season of a show. No. Despite meaning to put aside a bunch of time for watching TV, I didn’t get around to it.
- Reply to comments in a timely manner. I wish I could say that I did this but sadly I completely slacked off with this.
- Work on some May blog posts. I suppose this was a success, as I did get one post ready for May but it would have been nice to get more done.
May 2022 goals
May is going to be quite a busy month. With the weather turning nicer, it’s time to focus my attention outside, especially on the garden, so while my goals list has grown, a lot of it is focused on the garden. Of course, this is also the exciting time of the year because all the work I will put into the garden now will pay off come the fall.
- Read at least 5 books. Even though I know I will be busy, I still plan to set aside time each day to read. The goal of 5 books sounds manageable.
- Watch 1 season of a show. This is a bit of a loose goal for me, as I would like to have some TV time but I also know it will likely get put on the backburner depending on how everything else is going.
- Clean the shed. This is a big task every spring as it’s hard to keep the shed clean and organized over the winter. So after tossing items in all willy-nilly, it’s time to get it back into working order.
- Build a canoe rack. This is a project that is much needed. Our canoe doesn’t have a proper place to sit when we aren’t using it. So, my plan is to build a canoe rack and have a place for it to properly be stored in the future.
- Prep garden for planting. The first step of gardening is to get the garden ready. This includes weeding, amending the soil, and laying down fresh mulch.
- Plant the garden. This likely won’t all happen in May, as I have to work around the weather. However, I am certain that a lot of the garden can be planted this month.
- Build a second garden. I’ve been wanting to expand the garden area for a few years now and this year it is happening. So, I will be working on setting up a second garden space.
- Review Japanese 30 minutes a day. It’s been a while since I dedicated time to studying Japanese. This month, I will be doing a review of my previous lessons so I am ready to tackle new lessons come next month.
- Review Kanji learned. Before I start learning new Kanji again, I want to do a solid review of the ones I already know.
- Reply to comments in a timely manner. I need to get back into the habit of this. So I will once again be aiming to reply to comments within 48 hours.
- Work on some May blog posts. I only have one post ready for May, so I will need to ensure I have some time throughout the month to work on the rest of the posts. If all goes well, I would also like to get some of June’s posts ready.
Those are my May 2022 goals. What are your goals for the month?