The fifth month of 2021 has arrived. We are so close to being halfway through the year already. April seemed to come and go in the blink of an eye. Some months are like that, while others drag on for an eternity. Regardless of how fast or slow a month goes, it gives us the opportunity to work on various tasks and objectives. Every month, I take some time to reassess my goals, determine what is and isn’t working, and make adjustments for the current month. Before we get into my May 2021 goals, let’s take a moment to look back over my April goals to see how I did.
April 2021 review
April was quite the month. The vast majority of my time was spent writing because of Camp NaNoWriMo, but that’s exactly what I expected out of it.
- Read 5 books. That an more. I honestly didn’t think I would read as many books as I did. Check out what I read in April.
- Watch at least 1 season of a show. Yes. I watched 1 season of Recovery of an MMO Junkie.
- Workout every day. Not quite. I ended up tweaking my back early in the month. While I tried to find exercises that wouldn’t aggravate it, I wasn’t successful. So I took five days off to let it recover and then eased back into it.
- Review Japanese for at least 30 minutes a day. Yes, I am glad I used this month to review everything as it helps to better reinforce those words and phrases.
- Review kanji. Yes, I am more confident when reading and writing the kanji I know now.
- Journal every day. No. I did journal about half of the days this month, so not quite every day but better than nothing.
- Complete Camp NaNoWriMo. This is where most of my time and effort went into this month and it shows by the final results of Camp NaNoWriMo.
- Work on May’s posts. I did get a few done but not as many as I was hoping for.
- Update 3 old posts. Yes. In fact, I ended up updating a total of 6 posts.
- Create new pin images. I did put in some time making pins, however, I would have liked to have created more than I did.
May 2021 goals
May is always an exciting month. It’s really the first month where we have little to no chance of getting snow, which means it’s that much closer to starting the garden. However, my main focus for May is going to be on blog work. This area took a bit of a hit in April and I want to fix that this month.
- Read 5 books. This should come as no surprise as I always include reading books in my monthly goals. I am aiming for at least 5 books this month.
- Watch at least 1 season of a show. My other fun goal is watching TV. I think I know what show I will end up watching this month plus I will be catching up on some current anime.
- Workout every day. This has become a huge part of my day and I really want to keep up with it. I think this will be very easy barring any injuries this month.
- Plant the garden. Perhaps not all of it, since it is pretty early in the year but I am hoping to get some of the cool-weather crops planted since it’s still decently chilly most days.
- Study Japanese for an hour a day. With the review month over, it’s time to get back to learning. I’m aiming for an hour per day but I hope to get more time in whenever possible. The more time I invest into this the more I will learn.
- Learn 10 kanji. It’s time to get back to learning new kanji. I’m keeping this goal at 10 as some kanji can be difficult to learn, especially when accounting for stroke order when writing them.
- Journal every day. I really want to get back into the swing of doing this daily. Plus it helps to add to my daily word count for my year of writing.
- Work on my novel project. Now that the chaos of Camp NaNoWriMo is over I can put my focus back on my main project, which is rewriting and completing the first draft of the 2020 NaNoWriMo novel.
- Outline a short story. One of my writing goals this year is to write two short stories. I have very little experience in this form of writing but I’m looking forward to it. I plan to start outlining a short story this month.
- Work on May and June’s posts. I have an okay start with May’s posts but I need to finish the rest and then work on some of June’s posts as well.
- Update old posts. I am not setting a specific number of posts to update this month. However, I will be working to update as many of them as possible.
- Create new pin images. The never-ending blog task but it’s worth the effect. I don’t have a set number to make in a month, just as many as I can make.
- Take a blogging course. I know exactly which course I am going to take and I look forward to seeing how it will help me improve the blog in the future.
- Create an email sign-up freebie. This is something I have been meaning to do for far too long. So this is the month where I will get it done.
- Tidy up the blog. This involves a lot of small tasks that will overall improve my blog. I have a list a mile long of little tasks that need to get done, so I will be working through as many of those as I can.
Those are my May 2021 goals. What goals are you working towards this month?