It’s hard to believe that May is already here. Despite everything that is going on in the world, the last few months have flown by and we are steadily approaching the middle of the year. However, unlike March, April was a solid month. Sure, there is still plenty of uncertainty in the air and some of us are still adjusting, but for me, everything fell into a rhythm. The arrival of a new month means it’s time to reassess my goals and tailor them to my needs. Before we get into my May 2020 goals, let’s take a moment to look over how I did with my April goals.
April goals review
April was a pretty good month. It was also incredibly busy. I honestly hadn’t expected to be busting my butt every day as I did, but it completely paid off in the end and I accomplished so much!
- Read at least 5 books. Yes! Check out what I read in April.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Yes. I watched 1 season of Wartime Farm. On top of this, I watched 5 episodes of Somali and The Forest Spirit, 9 episodes of Science Fell In Love, So I Tried To Prove It, 2 episodes of Ascendence of A Bookworm, and 1 episode of Fruits Basket.
- Spend 30 minutes learning Japanese every day. This second month of reviewing my previous lessons was just what I needed. It helped to reinforce those words and phrases.
- Work out every day. Almost. I did hurt my foot near the end of the month, so I had to take a few days off to allow it to recover.
- Finish spring cleaning. The house is done! It feels good to have it over with. There is still some organizing to do, but the cleaning aspect is done. The only area I didn’t get to was the shed, but that requires nicer weather.
- Plant the garden. Yes! I planted a ton of seeds during the month. Lots of herbs, some flowers, and potatoes. Some of these have already sprouted while others are still happily tucked into the soil awaiting their moment in the sun.
- Try a new recipe. Not only did I try a new recipe, I actually created one! Hot dog hash was a hit and will be a dish we make regularly in the future.
- Expand my gardening knowledge. This is where my of my time was spent. I lost track of how many videos I watched and articles I read on the subjects of gardening, permaculture and homesteading. I also took two small permaculture courses and learned a ton.
- Work on my Camp NaNoWriMo project. This was such a strange writing month, but I did get my Camp NaNoWriMo writing done.
- Update 5 posts. I only managed to update 2 posts, but I am happy with that.
- Work on April’s posts. I did a terrible job of this, writing up posts the night before I posted them.
- Create new pin images. It was a struggle some days, but I did get enough done to call it a success.
May 2020 goals
I have decided to majorly cut back on my goals this month. Why? Because there are a couple of areas I really need to focus most of my time on and if I set my usual number of goals, that may not happen. This doesn’t mean I will be ignoring those other tasks, I simply want to put my focus into a few things and tackle the rest at a leisure pace.
- Read at least 5 books. I still want to set aside my daily reading time, so I’m thinking 5 books is a good number to aim for.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Though I will be busy this month, I need to make sure I set time aside for some fun and that’s where this goal comes in. Plus there are so many shows I want to watch!
- Spend 30 minutes learning Japanese every day. I initially wasn’t going to include this one. Then I reminded myself that this is one of those goals that needs my attention every month because if I don’t keep up with it I will lose all of the progress I have made.
- Work out every day. I think all of the work I have planned for in the garden will get this done no problem.
- Work on the garden. I have a ton of work that needs to get done before I can plant the main garden. Two raised beds need to be emptied out and fixed. The horseradish needs to be removed. The soil needs amending. This is where I will be putting most of my time and effort into this month.
- Expand my gardening knowledge. There is still so much I want to learn about gardening, so I will be setting aside plenty of time to continue with this. I already have a bunch of articles picked out that I want to read and another permaculture course to start on.
- Work on May’s posts. I really don’t want to fall behind again, so I am going to schedule some time to work on these posts.
Those are my May 2020 goals. While they are few in number I know I will be busy every day getting these done. What goals have you set for the month?