In the blink of an eye, the third month of 2022 has arrived. March ushers in the arrival of spring, at least in some parts, and with that opens up an entirely new set of possibilities. For where I live, winter still has a solid presence in the month of March, so it’s a bit too early to embrace spring. However, that does leave plenty of opportunities to work on my goals for another month. Creating monthly goals has been one of the best decisions I’ve made as it keeps me on track for working towards bigger goals. Sharing those goals here also gives me the accountability to keep up with them each month. Before we get into my March 2022 goals, I want to take a moment to go over how I did with February’s goals.
February was a bit of a crazy month. For the first half of the month, I had extremely limited internet access due to our continued issues in replacing our broken modem. This led to a lot of reading and shuffling of internet-dependent goals until the latter half of the month. Once our new modem finally arrived it felt like a race to catch up on what I hadn’t been able to do prior plus getting everything done for the remainder of the month.
- Read at least 5 books. That and more! See what I read in February.
- Watch 2 seasons of a show. Nope. Instead of watching TV, I instead spent that time listening to podcasts and attending several webinars.
- Study Japanese for at least an hour a day. Not quite. As most of my learning is done online, I had limited ability to study in the first several days of the month. After that, I did my best to hit the hour mark every day, but I will admit some days I studied significantly less than that.
- Learn 15 Kanji. No. I did learn 7 new kanji this month.
- Work on a writing project. Yes. Initially, I wasn’t sure what project I wanted to work on, as I was recovering from extreme writing burnout. However, as the month progressed I found two projects calling out to me. I flipped between these two based on how I felt on that particular day.
- Reply to comments in a timely manner. I want to say that I did keep up with this fairly well this month. I may have been slightly delayed with a few of them while our modem was dead.
- Work on February and March’s blog posts. Yes. Not only did I finish February’s posts, I also have all but one of March’s posts finished and scheduled. It feels so good to be ahead.
- Learn how to use Gutenberg. I think I have a decent understanding of how the block editor works now. While I admit I’m still partial to the classic editor, I could work purely with Gutenberg if needed.
- Make improvements to the blog. The list was long and continued to grow throughout the month, however, I will say I got a lot of work done making a number of improvements to the blog. Though not all are noticeable as some were background items like improving SEO and updating old pictures with better quality ones.
March 2022 goals
March is going to be heavily focused on the blog. There are so many different tasks I want to get done, whether it’s writing new posts, updating SEO, or taking new pictures, that I really need to put the vast majority of my focus on blog work. I will have other things to work on,
- Read at least 5 books. As always, my first goal of every month is reading-related. My aim is to read 5 books but I am certain that I will read more than that.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Though I will be busy with blog work, I will still be setting aside some fun time to watch a show throughout the month. I’m not sure what show I will be watching, but it will more than likely be an anime.
- Study Japanese for at least an hour a day. Much like last month, I want to dedicate an hour of each day to studying Japanese.
- Learn 5 Kanji. As the kanji become harder, it is taking me longer to learn them. This month, I am aiming to learn 5 new kanji.
- Work on a writing project. This month I will be focusing on creating and updating character sheets for one of my projects so that as I continue to work on it I can easily reference these details.
- Reply to comments in a timely manner. Keeping this goal for the foreseeable future as it helps keep me accountable for actually replying to comments within 48 hours of them being posted. Otherwise, I may fall into my old habit of waiting weeks to respond.
- Work on March and April’s blog posts. I only have one post for March that isn’t already done, so that should be a quick and easy task to complete. Then I also want to work on as many of April’s posts as possible.
- Create at least one post using Gutenberg. Now that I feel confident in using the block editor (Gutenberg) I want to make it a habit to regularly use it. Perhaps one day I will exclusively use it for creating posts, but for the time being, I will be sticking with the classic editor.
- Make improvements to the blog. There are far too many to list, but my goal is to spend the new few months making improvements to the blog, such as updating SEO and old photos. This will help me get my blog to where I want it to be.
Those are my March 2022 goals. What goals have you made for this month?