Can you believe that March is here? The months are starting to go by a bit faster again and I think that has everything to do with the added daylight. This is a good time of the year as winter is loosening its grip and there is more to do outside. Of course, where we live, it will be quite a while before the winter weather leaves, but it’s exciting nonetheless. With the arrival of each month, comes a new opportunity to set some new goals and work towards a number of things. Before we take a look at my March 2020 goals, I’d like to take a moment to share how I did with February’s goals.
February goals review
I’ll be honest, I bit off more than I could chew this month and I’m not afraid to admit that. It can happen. At least the weather was kinder to me, so I wasn’t spending most of my time shoveling. Even so, I was starting to feel burnt out from going hard the last little while, which resulted in not getting several things done.
- Read at least 10 books. Close but not quite. See what I read in February.
- Watch 1 season of a show. I knocked this one out of the park! I watched 1 season of Pandemic: How to stop an outbreak, 1 season of Chernobyl, 4 seasons of Star Wars The Clone Wars, and 1 season of Life Below Zero. On top of this, I watched 2 episodes of Sword Art Online War of Underworld, 5 episodes of Dr. STONE, 6 episodes of Ascendence of a Bookworm, 5 episodes of
- High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even In Another World, 5 episodes of Didn’t I Say To Make My Abilities Average In My Next Life, 6 episodes of Granblue Fantasy, x of Somali and The Forest Spirit and x episodes of Science Fell In Love, So I Tried To Prove It.
- Try 1 new recipe. This didn’t happen.
- Spend 1 hour learning Japanese every day. Not quite. I missed quite a few days and didn’t always get an hour in when I did do it.
- Eat from the pantry and freezer. Yes. We ate down quite a bit of what we had in the freezer and pantry.
- Crochet. I did some but not as much as I wanted to. I did make a couple of small items, but my plans to start a blanket didn’t happen.
- Work out every day. Nope. I hurt my back mid-month shoveling snow, so that forced me to take over a week off to let it heal. Then it took me a few days to get back into the routine.
- Work on my novel project. Yes. I did get two chapters edited. I also wrote a chapter that I had skipped earlier in the process.
- Relearn Scrivener. There are still some features I have yet to get a good handle on, but overall I feel like I know enough to say that I know how to use it.
- Do some research. A little bit, but I didn’t get as much done as I had hoped.
- Journal every day. Not quite. I missed about 8 days over the month.
- Update 5 posts. No. I did get 2 done but those needed quite a bit of work.
- Work on February’s and March’s posts. Another one that I didn’t get quite done.
- Create new pin images. I did really well with this. I adjusted some of my templates and it made the entire process so much easier. I lost track of how many I made but it was quite a few.
- Take a blogging course. Yes. I knocked out several, which proved to be really helpful.
- Update my ‘About me’ page. Yes! After saying I would do this for the last several months I finally did it!
March 2020 goals
After struggling quite a bit in February, I have decided to cut back quite a bit in March. I don’t want to keep pushing myself and completely burn out. There’s still so much of 2020 left that there is no reason to try to get everything done right away.
- Read at least 6 books. I’ve dropped the number a bit but I feel confident that I can get 6 books read this month.
- Watch 1 season of a show. An ongoing goal of mine is to get through a pretty decent sized to-watch list. This is by far the easiest goal to keep up with and is pretty enjoyable too.
- Spend 30 minutes learning Japanese every day. I’ve cut back the time to 30 minutes instead of an hour this month. This feels like a good amount to do daily so I don’t lose my progress.
- Work out every day. This is something I have been enjoying doing, at least most days, so I want to keep it up.
- Start spring cleaning. Spring is just around the corner, at least in some areas. That means spring cleaning. A part of the March Use It Up Challenge is getting through those cleaning supplies.
- Work on my novel project. I’ve been steadily getting some work done on this novel and I want to continue to do that. If I can get 1-2 chapters editing or written I will be happy.
- Update 5 posts. A never-ending blog task but the more I get done the better off I am.
- Work on March’s posts. I had hoped to have these posts already done but that didn’t happen, so I will work on them over the course of the month.
- Create new pin images. With the new templates, I should be able to knock out a bunch of these over the month.
Those are my March 2020 goals. Have you made some goals for the month?