The year has been flying by and we are already in June. Even this month seems to have slipped by faster than usual. Even though the month is quickly approaching the end, it’s not too late to set a few goals for the month. Honestly, these goals were planned out before June even started, however, the chaos quickly hit and I was struggling to find time to sit down and actually write them down. Like with the previous months, I do my best to create a list of monthly goals that will keep me busy throughout the month while also allowing for some fun and relaxation. Before we get into my June 2022 goals, let’s take a moment to see how I did with May’s goals.
May 2022 goals
May was quite a busy month. I knew it was going to be busy but the garden work took up so much more time than expected that I struggled to keep up with everything else.
- Read at least 5 books. Yes, I wasn’t sure if I would make it but in the end, I got a decent amount of reading done in May.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Yes, I watched one season of Vampire in the Garden.
- Clean the shed. Close but not quite. I did clean some of it but then it became a chaotic mess again over the course of the month.
- Build a canoe rack. No, my attention and time were spent elsewhere. I did get the materials needed but that’s as far as this project got.
- Prep garden for planting. Darn close. I got most of this done but there were a few areas that didn’t get prepped.
- Plant the garden. This wasn’t a big job, as it was a bit early. However, I did manage to get what could be planted in the ground or started in seed trays.
- Build a second garden. This project consumed so much of my time this month. I forgot how labor-intensive pulling up sod and then building up soil for a garden area can be. But it’s done and gives me more space to grow things.
- Review Japanese 30 minutes a day. Sort of. I did review what I have previously learned but I can’t say that it happened every day.
- Review Kanji learned. Much like the above, I got some review time in but now as much as I had originally planned.
- Reply to comments in a timely manner. I failed pretty hard at this but I was bouncing between little time to do blog work along with little desire to do it as well.
- Work on some May blog posts. No. While some posts went up throughout the month, pretty much all of them were frantically typed the night before.
June 2022 goals
June is going to be hectic at best. I got a job for the summer and it starts this month, so I know a lot of my time will be going toward adjusting to a new schedule. Not to mention, the garden needs planting, so I will be slashing my goals a bunch this month to give me a lot of wiggle room to work with.
- Read at least 5 books. There is always time to read – at least that’s my hope. So, I am keeping this goal.
- Prep garden for planting. Most of this was done last month but a few areas still need to be prepped before I plant.
- Plant the garden. This is my biggest and most important take for the month, especially since I now have a new garden space to work with.
There you have it, those are my June 2022 goals. It’s not much but I know I’ll be busy every day and don’t want to get overwhelmed by setting a bunch of goals I likely won’t have time to accomplish.