Can you believe that it is already June? The sixth month of the year means the arrival of summer. This means warmer weather should be heading our way and that the garden season is finally starting in Northern Ontario. With the chaos of the previous months over, or at least dying down a bit, I am truly looking forward to seeing what June has in store. Plus it’s my birthday month! Before we go over my June 2020 goals, let’s take a moment to look back at how I did with my May goals.
May goals review
May was such an incredibly busy month! I had really cut back my goals this month because I knew I would be busy and I am glad that I did. While I was successful in keeping up with most items, I know I would have burned myself out had I kept my normal amount of goals.
- Read at least 5 books. Yes! Though I will admit, this almost didn’t happen. Come check out what I read in May.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Nope! I just didn’t have a ton of time for TV this month. I may have ignored watching an entire season, but I did squeeze in a few episodes of shows throughout the month. I watched 5 episodes Ascendence of A Bookworm, 6 episodes of Fruits Basket, 6 episodes of My Next Life As A Villainess: All Routes Lead To Doom, and 2 episodes of The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me?.
- Spend 30 minutes learning Japanese every day. Almost. I did miss 3 days, however, I made up for that by doing extra on other days. So overall, I call this a success.
- Work out every day. With all of the garden work I did, this was a huge resounding success. Some days I also lifted weights and did a minor workout, but most of the time I was exhausted and sore by the end of the day just from garden work.
- Work on the garden. Yes, I got a ton of work done in the garden. In fact, this is where I spent most of my time this month. The garden is doing great!
- Expand my gardening knowledge. I spend many hours reading articles and watching videos on gardening. I definitely learned a lot this month.
- Work on May’s posts. This almost didn’t happen, but in the end, I was able to get the posts done – even if some of them were a day late.
June 2020 goals
- Read at least 8 books. I think I will have more time to read this month, despite all of my plans, so I am bumping this up to 8 books.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Having a form of entertainment as part of my goals is important as it allows me to make sure I take the time to rest and enjoy something.
- Spend 1 hour learning Japanese every day. This is one of my favorite parts of the day, so I am upping the time to one hour so I can get even more learning done.
- Work out every day. I think all of the work I have planned for in the garden will get this done no problem.
- Sell some items. I have tried this in the past and it’s been an utter failure, but I’m hoping that isn’t the case this month. Even if I just sell one thing I will be happy.
- Get ready for Camp NaNoWriMo. July means the second Camp NaNoWriMo for the year, so I need to decide on what story I will be working on.
- Journal every day. I fell out of this habit last month due to being busy but I want to get back into it.
- Finish planting the garden. I got a pretty good start on this in May and this month I plan to finish. Mid-June is our last frost date, so at that point, it’s safe to plant everything.
- Expand my gardening knowledge. This will be a goal for the foreseeable future. I am really enjoying learning about new aspects of gardening and I know all of the knowledge will help my garden in the future. So I plan to continue learning this month and in months to come.
- Weed the garden regularly. I hate weeding, but it is something that needs to be done regularly. So, my goal is to do this at least once a week. I may need to do it more often depending on how much it rains.
- Work on some projects for the garden. I have a few DIY projects that I want to work on that will help with the garden in this and many years to come, so I’m hoping to get these done this month.
- Work on June & July’s posts. I have most of June’s posts done already but I don’t want to slack off now. So I plan to finish the last few and then focus on July’s posts.
- Update 5 blog posts. I’m back at this, determined to finish updating my old posts. I think 5 is a good number for the month.
- Create new pin images. Some days, this is the bane of my existence, but I know it’s important so I keep doing it. I am hoping to create a bunch this month.
What are your June 2020 goals? Got anything fun planned?