The seventh month of 2021 has arrived and with it, we are officially in the second half of the year. Time sure is flying and before we know it, winter and the end of the year will be here. I know it feels too early to think about that, but let’s be honest, it will be here before any of us are ready. But let’s focus back on the present month. As with every month, I do my best to set a number of goals to keep me busy. These goals help me work toward bigger life goals while also setting aside time for some fun activities. Before we get into my July 2021 goals, let’s take a moment to see how I did with June’s goals.
June 2021 goals
June was a bit of a crazy month. It started with a heatwave, then there was my birthday, and shortly after that my computer started having major issues. Because of this computer problem, a lot of my goals ended up being interrupted.
- Read 5 books. Yes, check out what I read in June.
- Watch at least 1 season of a show. Yes. I watched 1 season of The Way of the Househusband and 1 season of Victorian Farm.
- Workout 5 days a week. Not quite. I did well for the first 2 weeks but completely slacked off in the latter half of the month.
- Plant the garden. For the most part, yes. There were a few seedlings that were too small to yet transfer into their spot in the garden. However, the vast majority of it is planted.
- Study Japanese for an hour a day. No. Since most of my learning is done online and I was having a lot of computer problems in the second half of the month, it made it difficult to keep up with this. But, I did my best.
- Learn 10 kanji. No. I changed my original plan and reviewed it as well as I could over the course of the month.
- Journal every day. No. I didn’t journal once this month. I honestly don’t know why I ignored it.
- Work on my novel project. I had grand plans of working more on my 2020 NaNoWriMo novel project, which I did some during the first half of the month. Then my computer issues started and it made writing difficult.
- Work on June and July’s posts. Given my computer issues, I didn’t get a lot of this done.
- Create new pin images. Sort of. I made a few but nowhere near as many as I would have liked to.
- Finish the email sign-up freebie. No. This was interrupted by my computer issues.
July 2021 goals
July is going to be a catch-up month. After dealing with computer issues for several weeks, I now have a working computer once more. Since I fell behind last month, I will be working on getting back into my old rhythm and catching up on some tasks I had to put off in June.
- Read at least 5 books. It should come as no surprise that this is part of my goals this month. I try to read every month and I’d like to get through at least 5 books in July
- Watch at least 1 season of a show. As always, I like to throw in a fun goal, and watching TV is it. My to-watch list is still quite large but I am steadily working through it as every month passes.
- Workout 5 days a week. I need to get back into the swing of this after slacking off last month. I know I will have to take some time to get back to where I had been with this, but it will be nice to get back into this routine.
- Finish plant the garden. There are a few plants left to get into the garden and that’s the plan for this month.
- Study Japanese for an hour a day. I’m looking forward to getting back into studying regularly.
- Learn 10 kanji. I’d like to learn at least 10 kanji in July after turning last month into a review month.
- Journal every day. I’m really hoping to get back into regularly journaling. Plus it helps to add to my daily word count for my year of writing.
- Work on my novel project. Since I barely touched this last month, I will like to continue working on this story in July. My main focus will be character profiles and world-building, but if I feel like writing a chapter or two I will do that as well.
- Work on a short story. One of my writing goals this year is to work on some short stories. A couple of months ago I did a bit of prep work for one and I would like to work on it more this month.
- Work on July and August’s posts. Now that I have a functioning computer again, I can get back into the swing of getting and staying ahead on posts.
- Create new pin images. A never-ending blog task but it’s worth the effect. I don’t have a set number to make in a month, just as many as I can make.
- Finish the email sign-up freebie. I want to get this done this month.
Those are my July 2021 goals. What goals have you made this month?