July has arrived and that means we are officially in the second half of 2020. This also means that we are solidly in summer, the kids are finally out of school and the weather is turning nicer – though some days it has been unseasonably hot already. You may find that life is getting busy, but that doesn’t mean you should skip setting monthly goals. Even just a few will keep you moving towards a greater long-term goal. For me, a new month means it’s time to set some goals. Before we get to my July 2020 goals, let’s take a minute to review how I did with June’s goals.
June goals review
June was a fairly busy month. Even so, I had a pretty good amount of time to sit around and relax, on days when it was super rainy or very warm. It felt good to have a few days off over the course of the month but still be able to keep up with my goals without stressing too much.
- Read at least 8 books. Yes. See what I read in June.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Yes, I watched 1 season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. On top of this, I watched 3 episodes Ascendence of A Bookworm, 5 episodes of Fruits Basket, 6 episodes of My Next Life As A Villainess: All Routes Lead To Doom, and 2 episodes of The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me?.
- Spend 1 hour learning Japanese every day. I did miss 4 days but I made it up for those by doing extra on other days. So overall, I would call this a success.
- Work out every day. Yes. Some days I didn’t want to, but I did push myself to do at least a little bit every day.
- Sell some items. Yes! I was able to sell one item, so I will call it a success.
- Get ready for Camp NaNoWriMo. I still have some characters than need to be named, but overall I feel like I am ready to work on this story.
- Journal every day. This was a complete failure. I didn’t touch my journal once the entire month.
- Finish planting the garden. Yes. There are a couple of smaller seedlings that still need to be planted, but I am waiting for them to get bigger, but overall, the garden is planted and looking great.
- Expand my gardening knowledge. I did work on a small permaculture course. Plus I read a homesteading book.
- Weed the garden regularly. We got quite a bit of rain in the first half of June, so I was out there every couple of days weeding.
- Work on some projects for the garden. I did get one small project done. As far as the others go, I didn’t get as far as I had hoped, but I do have a lot of the prep work done for these projects. The weather just wasn’t cooperating on most days.
- Work on June & July’s posts. Yes, I did really well with this. I even have the vast majority of July’s posts ready.
- Update 5 blog posts. I got 6 posts updated.
- Create new pin images. This was something I found I could do here and there when I had a few minutes to spare between projects. Because of this, I got quite a few made
July 2020 goals
July is going to be quite the busy month, but I am oddly okay with that. Sometimes you just need to push yourself that extra bit, pile up the work, and see what you can do. That is going to be July for me, I know I will be working my butt off every day to keep up with all of these goals, but I am confident I can do it.
- Read at least 15 books. I feel like increasing the number of books to read even though I know I will be busy. I should be able to read this much.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Setting aside time for entertainment is a must, especially during busy months. So I am still aiming to watch one season of a show.
- Spend 1 hour learning Japanese every day. This is something that I need to keep up with, so I will ensure I set aside daily time for this.
- Work out every day. I know I need to do that, as writing months tend to include a lot of sitting. So adding in exercising will keep me healthy and force me to get out of the chair now and then.
- Sell some items. I have a few more things I would like to sell, so fingers crossed this happens.
- Do a deep clean of the home. We are back to looking for a new home, so I need to give this one a deep clean to get it ready to sell.
- Declutter. This goes hand in hand with cleaning the house. When we do move, I don’t want to bring anything with us that we no longer need.
- Complete Camp NaNoWriMo. July means the second Camp NaNoWriMo for the year. This time I will be completely rewriting an older story and have set my goal at 25000 words as I am looking for more quality than quantity.
- Journal every day. I miss journaling, so I am going to make a bigger effort this month to do so regularly.
- Expand my gardening knowledge. This will be a goal for the foreseeable future. I am really enjoying learning about new aspects of gardening and I know all of the knowledge will help my garden in the future. So I plan to continue learning this month and in months to come.
- Weed the garden regularly. The more often I do this, the less annoying the weeds will be. Smaller weeds are, generally speaking, easier to pull than bigger ones. I will aim to do this at least once a week, more often if it is rainy.
- Work on some projects for the garden. I have one I want to finish this month and if I find the time I will work on a second.
- Work on July and August’s posts. I have all of July’s posts done except for my writing updates and the end of month garden update. If I can, I’d also like to get at least a few of August’s posts done.
- Update 2 blog posts. I would like to update 2 blog posts at minimum, more if I have the time.
- Create new pin images. This is a longterm goal that will appear every month because it is something that needs to be done regularly.
Those are my July 2020 goals. I have my work cut out for me this month but I feel up to the challenge. What are your goals for the month?