Another month has come along and once again I wasn’t ready for it. This year seems to be going by so fast. While I’m excited about the warmer weather and summer activities, I also know this means we are going to get back to winter before I am ready. After making goals for June, I decided it would be a good idea to make some for July as well. So today I will be sharing my July goals.
How I did in June
Overall, I did pretty well on reaching the goals that I set in June. A few didn’t happen, but that’s okay.
For gardening goals, I got everything done except removing the trees and building the raised beds. While it would have been nice to have finished these two items, I know it wasn’t a must be done no matter what that month task. I did manage to keep up with weeding the garden on a regular basis. However, we did recently get 4 days of rain, so I now have a mountain of weeds to tend to.
When it comes to my life goals, I once again did really well. I had set out to read at least two books and managed to read a total of four – one full-length novel and three manga volumes. This is more reading than I have done in months, so I’m very happy with my progress. We did really well with sticking to our meal plan, so much so that we are going to continue to do a monthly meal plan all of the time. I also finished organizing the bathroom and decluttered our laundry room. Getting the laundry room done was a blessing in disguise because we had an incident with our washing machine hose exploding late at night partially flooding the room. Had it still been filled with crap, it would have been one hell of a thing to clean up.
Blogging wise I did alright with my goals. I continued to gain followers on all platforms, however, most of that growth happened on Twitter. There is nothing wrong with that, but my goal to grow my Facebook and Pinterest didn’t exactly happen. Getting ahead on posts didn’t happen either. I was still writing up posts the night before.
Since I achieved most of my June goals, this means that July will have all new goals. There are some that will shift into July, allowing me to finally reach them. Some goals will be repeated, simply because they are things that I want to accomplish on a regular basis.
- Continue to regularly weed. I did well with this in June, and now that everything is starting to grow, it will be even more important to keep up with them.
- Remove the trees from the front yard. I didn’t get around to doing this last month, but I would like to do this during July.
- Design a planting bench. I have wanted a planting bench for a while, but they can be expensive. We have quite a bit of scrap lumber in our yard left over from recent home improvement projects. So I will be working on designing a planting bench that will use some of that wood up and make planting pots easier in the future.
- Create a cleaning routine. I hate cleaning the house. I have tried cleaning routines before but never stuck with them. I am planning to create a simple routine that will keep the house clean but not overwhelm me.
- Read at least 4 books. I should be able to reach this goal no problem this month. The biggest issue will be picking which four of my almost 1000 books to read.
- Exercise every day. I am participating in a 30-day fitness challenge this month, so this should be easy enough to complete.
- Use my planner regularly. This will help in both day-to-day life stuff and keep up with blog work. If I write it down in my planner, then I’m more likely to actually do the work.
- Spend more time with the family. Summer is all too short and I want to make the most of it. Doing things like going to the park, walking, family movie nights are great, but I want to do more. Go on small adventures and maybe some bigger ones as well.
- Watch 1 season of a show. I have quite a few shows lined up on Netflix and DVD that I’ve been meaning to watch for the longest time. I am going to make a point of watching at least one season of a show over the course of July.
- Continue to grow my following. I did pretty well with this last month, so I want to keep that momentum going. I will once again be working on Pinterest and Facebook because those seem to be my weak points.
- Follow more blogs. There are a number of blogs that I visit on a regular basis. However, I don’t think I have officially followed all of them through email. So this month I will be going through all of those blogs and making sure I am following them.
- Get ahead. Yes, once again I am going to try to get ahead. Even if it’s just a week at a time, any progress in this area will be good.