January is here! Not only are we entering a new month but also a new year. It’s the beginning of new opportunities, which means setting up new goals. Much like in the previous months, my January goals will encompass various aspects of my life. Though it is a new year, which means I have a lot I want to accomplish, I also don’t want to burn myself out right out of the starting gate. So January is going to be a light goals month, but it will also allow me to evaluate where I want to go over the course of the year and adjust my future month’s goals accordingly. Before I dive into January’s goals, let’s take a moment to review how I did with my December goals.
How I did with my December goals
- Read at least four books. Yes, I read 15 books! I ended up reading, Orange Volumes 1-6 by Ichigo Takano, The Royal Tudor Volumes 1-3 by Higasa Akai, Murder, She Wrote: Destination Murder by Donald Bain, The Natural by Dusty Richards, and Matilda by Roald Dahl. Lastly, at the request of my son, I read the Bone: Quest For The Spark trilogy by Jeff Smith & Tom Sniegoski.
- Learn to crochet. I still have a ways to go, but I did get a start on this. In fact, I only started in the last few days of the month but learned so much in that time. I even made a hat over the course of two days, although it ended up being too big.
- Watch one season of a show. That and so much more. In total, I watched four full seasons of shows over the month. I watched 1 season (13 episodes) of Gunslinger Girl, 1 season (11 episodes) of Recovery of An MMO Junkie, 1 season (12 episodes) of No Game, No Life, 1 season (12 episodes) of Erased and 1 season (13 episodes) of Appleseed XIII. On top of this, I watched 13 episodes of That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime, 12 episodes of Sword Art Online Alicization, 12 episodes of Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai, 3 episodes of Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? and 3 episodes of Goblin Slayer. As you can see, it was a very anime heavy month, but I really enjoyed watching all of these shows.
- Try a new recipe. Yes and no. I did make some cheesy turkey and broccoli noodle bakes for the freezer, which I have never made before, but we didn’t eat any of them. So technically yes I made a new recipe but without having actually eaten any of it, I don’t know if they are good or not.
- Make and can BBQ sauce. Didn’t do this. The main reason is we have a number of bottle of storebought BBQ sauce in our cupboard that I want to use up first.
- Continue to stay ahead on posts. Haha, nope! I did for the first half of the month but then I fell behind again.
- Complete all Blogmas posts. Nope. I did quite a bit of Blogmas, but honestly, it became too stressful to try to have something ready for every day. Maybe I will try this again next year but start planning well in advance so that I can actually pull it off.
- Start planning out January posts. Not really. I have some ideas of what I want to post in January, but I don’t really have all the posts planned out and certainly very few are typed up right now.
- Growing follower numbers. I would say this was a success as my overall follower numbers on all social media went up.
As I mentioned before, I don’t want to overwhelm myself at the beginning of the year, so my January goals will be a bit on the light side.
- Read at least 8 books. I did so well last month that I feel I can continue to do so this month. I feel like 8 is a good goal number, though there is a good chance I will read more than this.
- Watch at least 3 seasons of shows. I feel like 3 seasons is a good number. It allows me to watch plenty of shows but not devote every moment of my day to them.
- Get better at crochet. I am feeling pretty confident with how much I learned in a short time in December, but I want to expand my crochet knowledge over this month. I also plan to make 3 items in crochet. I haven’t decided fully what I want to make, but I think I will try to make another hat – one that fit properly this time, perhaps some socks or slippers and maybe a dishcloth.
- Eat from the pantry and freezer. We have lots of food in the house, so I want to do a pantry challenge, which we did back in November during our no-spend month. This will help us cut our grocery bill down for the month.
- Get ahead on posts again. I feel like this is important to keep the stress of blogging at bay. So I am going to work hard to get and stay ahead.
- Grow followers numbers. Like before, I am not going to set a specific number, but the overall aim is growth.
There they are, my goals for January. I think this will make a good start to the year and give me plenty of time to figure out what I want to achieve this year and then set up goals to be able to reach those points. What goals have you set for the month?