A new month and year have arrived! It’s hard to believe that 2021 is already over and we are in a new year with new opportunities before us. Though many people use January as an opportunity to start something new through making resolutions, I instead will be sticking with making monthly goals. I find that I am more successful when I set goals over resolutions. Breaking down my bigger goals into smaller chunks on a monthly basis helps a lot. Before we look at my January 2022 goals, let’s take a moment to look back and see how I did with my December goals.
I cut back quite a bit on my goals for December. The main reason was that I had to focus on finishing my milwordy goal. However, I also wanted to enjoy the holidays and not enter the new year feeling burnt out. Of course, that slightly backfired, as burnout did hit me partway through the month.
- Read at least 5 books. That and more! Check out what I read in December.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Nope, I barely made any time for TV.
- Review Japanese for 30 minutes a day. Close. I did take a few days off from studying around the holidays. There were also a number of days where I spent much more than 30 minutes reviewing. This solid month of review has me excited to dive fully into new lessons next month.
- Complete my milwordy challenge. It was really close, but I am happy to say that yes, I reached my milwordy goal. I will be sharing a breakdown of how the final few months went later this month.
- Reply to comments in a timely manner. I would say I did pretty darn good with this. Except for one week when I got busy, I kept up with replying to comments within 48 hours of receiving them.
January 2022 goals
After having a relatively easy month in December, I am ready to increase the number of goals I have this month. However, I am also feeling some decent burnout, mostly when it comes to writing, so I am still limiting the number of goals for the month.
- Read at least 5 books. Since reading is one of my favorite ways to spend time, I am, of course, making sure to keep this goal. Five books is a good number, but if I read more than that then I’ll be happy.
- Watch 2 seasons of a show. I have so many shows I am behind on, that this month I am going to take some time to catch up on a few.
- Study Japanese for at least an hour a day. Now that I have had a solid month of reviewing, I want to get back to doing new lessons and really ramp up my Japanese study. I will be dedicating at least one hour every day to studying Japanese.
- Learn 15 Kanji. I would like to learn 15 new Kanji this month. That includes the meaning, pronunciation, and the proper stroke order.
- Work on a writing project. Though I am feeling burnt out with writing, thanks to last year’s writing challenge, I do want to dedicate some time to working on a writing project or two. This will likely be done in a casual manner, working on whatever project that strikes my fancy.
- Reply to comments in a timely manner. I did really well with this last month, so I want to keep this up.
- Work on January and February’s blog posts. I have a decent start on January’s posts, so I aim to finish the rest and then work on a few posts for February.
- Learn how to use Gutenberg. I still use the Classic Editor addon with WordPress because I didn’t want to switch to Gutenberg when it first came out. However, I do want to put the effort into learning how to use it so I can stop using that addon. This month I will be learning the ins and outs of Gutenberg.
Those are my January 2022 goals. What goals have you made for the month?