Not only is it a new month, but also a new year and decade. Amazing! Do you know what that means? It’s time to set some goals. There is a lot that I want to accomplish this year, so these monthly goals help me work towards that. Breaking down big goals into smaller chunks and spreading them out over time is a great way to tackle them without being overwhelmed. My January 2020 goals will start me down the path of working towards some bigger goals while also making time for fun things I want to do. Before we look at January’s goals, let’s take a moment to see how well I did in December.
- Read at least 10 books. Yes. Check out what I read in December.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Yes. I watched 1 season of Carmen Sandiego. On top of this, I watched 5 episodes of Sword Art Online Aliization War of Underworld, 4 episodes of Dr. STONE, 5 episodes of If It’s For My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat A Demon Lord, 4 episodes of Ascendence of a Bookworm, 3 episodes of High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even In Another World, 3 episodes of Didn’t I Say To Make My Abilities Average In My Next Life, 3 episodes of Isekai Cheat Magician, and 3 episodes of Granblue Fantasy.
- Try 1 new recipe. I know I tried something new, but for the life of me, I can’t remember what it was.
- Spend 1 hour learning Japanese every day. Yes. I would say most days I did closer to 2 hours.
- Eat from the pantry and freezer. Yes, we put a small dent into what we have but also bought quite a bit thanks to the holidays.
- Sell some items. Well, I managed to sell one thing, so I guess I can call this a success.
- Deep clean the house. Yes, the entire house is done now.
- Work on my NaNoWriMo project. Yes and no. I did read over most of it, making notes along the way, creating some character sheets, and shuffling chapters around so they are now in chronological order. But as far as actual writing goes, I didn’t get anything new added this month.
- Update 5 posts. Almost, but not quite. I did get 3 posts updated.
- Work on December & January’s posts. Yes, I have quite a few posts ready to go and a number of drafts waiting to be finished as well.
- Create new pin images. Not a ton of success here, but I did manage a few.
- Take a blogging course. The one I chose for the month was longer than expected, but really very helpful. I am close to finishing is, so a semi-success.
- Update my ‘About me’ page. I wish I could say this happened, but sadly it didn’t. We can’t win it all.
- Work on a super-secret blog project. It’s not a secret anymore. The Use It Up Challenge is up and running. May sure you check out January’s focus and participate.
January 2020 Goals
- Read at least 20 books. I’ve bumped up the number of books to 20 this month because I feel like that’s a good number to start the year off with.
- Watch 1 season of a show. As always, I will be setting aside some time to watch a show. There are so many shows I want to watch, and a few I want to rewatch, that I have to include this in my goals
- Try 1 new recipe. Another regular goal. I love trying new recipes, so this one will be sticking around every month.
- Spend 1 hour learning Japanese every day. I really enjoy spending time learning Japanese, so this one is another that will repeat every month. I want to spend at least an hour every day working on it, if not more.
- Eat from the pantry and freezer. The freezer and pantry are quite full, so this shouldn’t be a problem. Our meal plan was based around what we have.
- Sell some items. This feels like a bit of a lost cause, as I’ve been struggling to get this done for months, but I’m going to try really hard to sell a few of the things we no longer need this month.
- Get back into crochet. I learned how to crochet back in 2018, but haven’t touched it in quite a while. I’d like to start it up again and make a few simple items this month.
- Work out every day. This isn’t anything new. I’ve actually been working out (almost) every day for the past few months. However, to ensure that I keep up with it, I am including it in my goals.
- Work on my NaNoWriMo project. I am determined to see this novel through to the end. After doing a decent amount of background work last month, I am ready to start writing again, filling in the gaps and bringing the story to a close.
- Relearn Scrivener. I recently reinstalled Scrivener on my computer and I want to use it for writing. However, I have totally forgotten how it works. So, I will be reacquainting myself with this program.
- Do some research. Though my story is set in a fantasy world, there are some items that I need to research in order to write them out properly. This will likely take me more than a month to complete, as I want to be thorough and there are other tasks to work on as well, but I want to at least get this started.
- Journal every day. Much like exercising, this isn’t a new thing. I have been doing this nearly every day for the last month and really enjoy it. To ensure I stick with it, I am officially adding ti to my goals. This will also allow me to get better at my handwriting, which is terribly sloppy at this point.
- Update 5 posts. It’s a never-ending blog task, but most of the time I don’t mind it.
- Work on January & February’s posts. I’ve got a good start on January’s posts, but I also want to start working on some for February. It took me forever to get ahead on the blog, so now I’m determined to stay ahead.
- Create new pin images. Another never-ending blog task. If I keep at this, eventually it will become easier and I won’t be struggling to keep up with them.
- Take a blogging course. The plan is to finish the one from last month and then do a short one.
- Update my ‘About me’ page. It will happen this time!
What are your January 2020 goals? Starting any new projects or continuing on with something from last year?