Well, February totally snuck up on me. I can’t believe that we are already in the second month of the year. I suppose it is good that time is going quickly because that means winter will be over soon. A new month means it’s time to get new goals. My February goals are still on the light side, much like with my January goals. However, I feel like they will keep me busy throughout the month. Before we dive into this months goals, I want to take a moment and look back on how I did with January’s goals.
How did I do with my January goals?
- Read at least 8 books. Yes, I read a total of 22 books in January. I even shared my thoughts on these books.
- Watch at least 3 seasons of shows. Yes! I watched 1 season of Dogs, 1 season of 7 Days Out, 1 season of Warrior Women, 1 season of Tidying Up With Marie Kondo, season 4 of Hercules The Legendary Journeys. On top of this, I watched 3 episodes of Sword Art Online Alicization, 3 episodes of That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime, 2 episodes of My Sister, My Writer, 3 episodes of The Rising Of The Shield Hero, 9 episodes of Goblin Slayer, and 4 episodes of Dr. Pimple Popper. There were also a few hours spent lost on YouTube watching a variety of different things.
- Get better at crochet. I didn’t get as much time with this as I had hoped, but I am certainly feeling more confident with my work. Though I didn’t quite reach my goal of making 3 items, I did make 2 hats, one for myself and one for the boy.
- Eat from freezer and pantry. We did really well with this. It meant getting a bit creative at times, but that’s half of the fun of a pantry challenge. This also helped us save a lot of money on groceries, buying only what we really needed each week – though there were a few splurges along the way.
- Get ahead on blog posts again. Not in the slightest. I went through a slump where I didn’t blog for a week and since then I have been doing the type it up the night before thing.
- Grow follower numbers. I saw growth on most social media accounts over the month, so I’m happy with that.
- Though not entirely intended, I decided a few days into the month to drastically cut down on how much pop I was drinking. I was totally addicted to Dr. Pepper, even going as far as to start my day with one. It was tough, especially at the beginning, but this was needed – I was drinking 2-3 cans of pop a day! I did drink a few over the course of the month, like when we had takeout for dinner one night, but honestly having the odd one is okay. Cutting them out completely? I don’t know if I am ready for that just yet.
- I finally made and canned the BBQ sauce that I had been meaning to make the last few months. Felt good to finally get it done.
- We got to try a new recipe this month as well, something that I had wanted to do the last few months but didn’t get around to it. The from-scratch brownies that I made were really good and I will absolutely be making them again.
- Read at least 10 books. I feel like 10 is a good number, especially since books I have picked out for the month are a bit on the long side and will take time to get through.
- Watch 3 seasons of shows. I am still working on knocking out a good chunk of my to-be-watched list, so watching 3 seasons worth of shows will help a lot towards this long-term goal.
- Try 2 new recipes. I enjoy trying new recipes, so I want to make this a regular thing.
- Make at least 5 crochet items. I didn’t devote a lot of time in January to crochet, but this month I want to dive into it more. I would like to make at least 5 items and perhaps learn a few new stitches along the way.
- Eat from the freezer and pantry. We did really well with this last month and I plan on continuing this through February. We already have our meal plan sorted out that will focus on what we have and keep our grocery spending to a minimum.
- Start writing again. I love writing, but I haven’t given it the attention it deserves. So the first step I am going to take towards this is to go through all of my work in progress files and decide which one to work on and stick with it to the end.
- Grow social media. Once again, I don’t plan to set a certain number for any of these accounts, I simply want to see growth.
- Get ahead on posts. Ah, this one is always difficult. As much as I want to get ahead, I rarely do. But, I will give it my all to get ahead in February.
- Update 5 old posts. Some of my older posts could use a bit of updating, so I want to get 5 of them done this month.
What goals have you set for the month?