February is here and while it is the shortest month of the year, it is just as important as all other months. Despite being a few days shorter than other months, February can be just as productive. By creating a list of monthly goals, you can set yourself up for success and tackle those smaller items that you may have been putting off. Having made monthly goals for a few years now, I can attest to how much of a change they made in my life. Now, I have the accountability needed to get stuff done, and by sharing it online, I have extra motivation to tackle the list. After all, who wants to admit they got nothing done this month? As with every month, I have created a list of goals I want to accomplish this month. Many are smaller goals that help me work towards bigger ones. Before we get into my February 2022 goals, I want to take a moment to see how I did with January’s goals.
January was a bit of a crazy month. I started off strong, eager to tackle everything. However, whenever I sat down to try to write anything, whether novel or blog work, I was faced with extreme burnout – a side effect of my year of writing. So while I did good with most of my goals, some suffered due to this burnout.
- Read at least 5 books. Yes, I got a bit more reading time in than I anticipated. See what I read in January.
- Watch 2 seasons of a show. Yes and more! I ended up watching 1 season of Wotakoi: Love is Hard For Otaku, 1 season of Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid S, 2 seasons of Masters of the Universe: Revelation, and 1 season of Record of Grancrest War. On top of that, I watched 3 episodes of Love of Kill, and 5 episodes of The Way of the Househusband.
- Study Japanese for at least an hour a day. Almost but not quite. I would say that 90% of the month I kept up with this, but there were a few days where I slacked off in studying. Then at the end of the month when our modem died, it cut me off from most of my studying resources which are online.
- Learn 15 Kanji. Not quite. I did end up learning over 20 radicals (the components of kanji) along with 7 new kanji. So, I’d say it was a semi-success.
- Work on a writing project. This one was a failure. I hadn’t realized how truly burnt out I was since completing my milwordy challenge. So, every time I thought about writing I did everything I could to avoid it. Needless to say, no novel writing happened in January.
- Reply to comments in a timely manner. I did well with this one. I think the only time I didn’t reply to them within 48 hours was at the end of the month when our modem died.
- Work on January and February’s blog posts. I will call this a success. I didn’t post as much in January as I initially planned, but that was because I really didn’t want to do much writing in January. As far as February’s posts go, I got most of them drafted but none of them were scheduled ahead of time.
- Learn how to use Gutenberg. I’d say this was semi-successful. Since I didn’t spend a lot of time doing blog work, I didn’t invest as much time as I had thought I would into learning Gutenberg. However, I do feel somewhat comfortable with it and know that with time I will get used to using it.
February 2022 goals
A lot of goals for February are the same as last month, as they are things I want to work more on. I will be putting a greater focus on blogging this month as I have a lot of blogging tasks that I want to complete this year, so February is the month to start tackling that big to-do list.
- Read at least 5 books. As always, my first goal of every month is reading-related. My aim is to read 5 books but I am certain that I will read more than that.
- Watch 2 seasons of a show. I am still playing catch-up with my to-be-watched list, so this month I will once again try to watch at least 2 seasons worth of shows.
- Study Japanese for at least an hour a day. Much like last month, I want to dedicate an hour of each day to studying Japanese.
- Learn 15 Kanji. Now that I have a new set of radicals down, I can move on to learning more kanji that involve them. This month, I would like to learn 15 new kanji.
- Work on a writing project. My writing burnout has been slowly ebbing, which means I can once again put some focus on working on my novel projects. I don’t quite know which one I will work on this month. I will probably see which one sparks my interest and work on that one.
- Reply to comments in a timely manner. I feel so much better when I can reply to comments within 48 hours, so this goal shall remain because if I write it down I have a better chance of it actually happening.
- Work on February and March’s blog posts. Most of February’s posts are close to finished, only needing to be polished and then scheduled. Then I want to get ahead and get as many posts for March done.
- Learn how to use Gutenberg. I got a decent start on this last month, so for February, I will continue to learn the ins and outs of Gutenberg so I can use it regularly in the future.
- Make improvements to the blog. I have a long list of improvements, some big and some small, that I want to do with the blog. This month I will start working on that list and see how far I can get.
Those are my February 2022 goals. What goals have you made for this month?