The second month of 2021 has arrived. I don’t know about you, but I felt January went by fairly quickly. Perhaps it’s because I will busy with all of my goals. For those of you who set resolutions instead of goals, I hope that you are going strong with whatever you chose to focus on this year. As always, a new month means it’s time to set some goals. Before we give into my February 2021 goals, let’s take a moment to look back over my January goals to see how I did.
January goals review
January was an odd month. I started out looking forward to getting a solid start on the year and then quickly felt blogger burnout coming in hard. This caused me to back off from a lot of my planned blogging goals and I spent a lot more time than I had intended playing World of Warcraft but I think I needed that break to help refresh myself.
- Read 5 books. Yes, I got quite a bit of reading done in January. Check out what I read during the month.
- Watch at least 1 season of a show. Yes. I watched 1 season of The Dragon Prince. On top of this, I also watched 3 episodes of Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon, and 1 episode of The Quintessential Quintuplets. It was a light month for TV.
- Workout every day. Darn close. I had a couple of injuries I was dealing with, so I took about 5 days off and then spent the week after that slowly getting back into full workouts.
- Crochet a blanket. I started it but didn’t get very far. It’s maybe 1/5 done at this point.
- Spend 1-hour learning Japanese a day. Yes. In fact, some days I spent more than an hour. I switched up my study routine a bit this month and it seemed to have helped quite a bit.
- Learn 10 kanji. That and more. I actually learned 17 kanji in January, it would have been 18 but that last is a bit tough and I kept getting it confused with another kanji. But I’m happy with my progress so far.
- Journal every day. So darn close. I missed one day! I’m not sure what happened on this day but apparently, journaling wasn’t on the agenda.
- Continue to work on my NaNoWriMo project. Yes. I put in quite a bit of work into this project and then had a sudden realization that I need to completely change most of the story – at least when it comes to the perspective being used. It’s a little daunting to think that I need to completely rewrite what I have already gotten done but I know it will work out in the end.
- Work on a secret writing project. Nope. I was so focused on my novel this month that I put this project on the back burner.
- Participate in #vss365. Yes. I didn’t quite do this every day, but I did about half of the month. I really enjoyed this as some of the prompts really make you think about how to write such a short story using that particular word prompt.
- Work on January and February’s posts. This is where I failed the most. I barely got any blog post work done over the course of the month.
- Update 10 old posts. No. I think I updated 2 posts.
- Create new pin images. This was fairly successful. I created a number of new pin images but as always not as many as I had hoped to.
- Keep browser tabs to a minimum. Close but not quite. I ended the month with about 20 extra tabs open, however, those will be the first tabs dealt with in February.
- Clear out my bookmarks. While I didn’t get through all of my bookmarked pages, I put a decent dent in them.
- Take a blogging course. This one slipped my mind, so sadly I will have to admit my failure here as well.
February 2021 goals
While January wasn’t the best of months, it did make me realize that sometimes we need to back off our goals a bit and focus on something else, especially fun activities. But I am eager to hit the ground running this month and so I’m keeping a solid number of goals.
- Read 5 books. As always, reading is my first goal because I absolutely enjoy books. At a minimum, I would like to read 5 books this month.
- Watch at least 1 season of a show. While watching TV isn’t a goal for most people, I like to ensure I have something fun to do each month. Plus I have a list of shows I want to get through, so this goal helps me tackle that.
- Workout every day. Barring any injuries, I should be able to do this without issue this month.
- Crochet a blanket. I can’t guarantee I will finish it this month, but I would like to make more progress on it.
- Spend 1-hour learning Japanese a day. I’d like to do more than an hour each day, but this is the bare minimum.
- Learn 10 kanji. Much like the above, I hope to learn more than 10, but this is a good start as some kanji can be quite difficult to learn.
- Journal every day. Journaling is something I enjoy and I do my best to keep up with this every day.
- Continue to work on my NaNoWriMo project. The epic rewrite shall begin this month. I know there is still some background work I need to do, like character sheets and a few other similar tasks, but I think I can start working on the first few chapters this month.
- Work on a secret writing project. I’d really like to get a decent chunk of work done on this during February as I didn’t touch it at all last month.
- Participate in #vss365. I’m hoping to do this every day, but I know some prompts may leave me stumped for ideas.
- Work on February and March’s posts. After getting and staying ahead for most of last year, I have no fallen behind on blog work, so I will do my best to finish the few February posts I have planned and then set my focus on March’s posts.
- Update 10 old posts. Since I didn’t get as many done last month as I had hoped, I am once again aiming for 10 posts to update. Some may require complete rewrites while others will be minor fixes.
- Create new pin images. The plan is to make some every day so I will have a good amount of work with.
- Keep browser tabs to a minimum. Though I am starting the month with a few extra, I hope to maintain a low browser tab number throughout the month.
- Clear out my bookmarks. This is going to be an ongoing process for a while, as I have a ridiculous amount of bookmarks, so I will get through as many as I can this month.
- Take a blogging course. I know which course I am going to take, so it’s just a matter of sitting down and getting to it.
Those are my February 2021 goals. What goals have you set for the month?