Just like that February has arrived. January was quite a month, and I’m sure many people will agree that it felt significantly longer than it actually was. The start of the year either goes by super fast or drags on. This was one of those slower times, but it’s over now. One of the things I look forward to with the arrival of each month of reviewing the previous month’s goals and setting new ones for the current month. Before we take a look at my February 2020 goals, I’d like to take a moment to share how I did with January’s goals.
January Goals Review
January was an odd month for me. I felt like I spent most of my waking hours shoveling snow since we kept getting hit by big snowstorms. When I did have free time to do something, I just wanted to sleep. The winter blues hit hard and my motivation and productivity hit an all-time low for the vast majority of the month. Even so, I was able to accomplish a good chunk of my goals.
- Read at least 20 books. Yes! Check out what I read in January.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Yes, I watched 1 season of Edwardian Farm. On top of this, I also watched 4 episodes of Sword Art Online Aliization War of Underworld, 1 episode of Dr. STONE, 2 episodes of Ascendence of a Bookworm, 2 episodes of High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even In Another World, 2 episodes of Didn’t I Say To Make My Abilities Average In My Next Life, and 3 episodes of Granblue Fantasy.
- Try 1 new recipe. Yes, I made a honey oat bread and it was amazing! I need to make it again.
- Spend 1 hour learning Japanese every day. This was an epic fail. I only did a few days of Japanese. I’m mad at myself for not sticking with it.
- Eat from the pantry and freezer. Yes, our meal plan allowed us to do that. We did stock up mid-month because we were running low on some things.
- Sell some items. Nope, this is seriously a losing battle.
- Get back into crochet. Yes, but I didn’t get a ton done. Mostly, I made a bunch of test squares to reacquaint myself with various stitches and the general crocheting process.
- Work out every day. Yes. Between shoveling snow for hours many days and then doing actual workouts on the non-snowy days I will call this a success.
- Work on my NaNoWriMo project. I didn’t get as much done as I had hoped. However, I did finish my read-through of the draft, made the last few notes needed and edited one chapter, so I will call this a success.
- Relearn Scrivener. It took me a while, but I’ve got the basics down now. It’s going to be a learning curve to know it all, but I can at least use it.
- Do some research. Sadly no, I just never got around to this.
- Journal every day. Almost. I did miss about 6 days over the course of the month, but overall I’m happy that I stuck with it. The January Use It Up Challenge definitely helped.
- Update 5 posts. This was a major success. I updated more than 30 posts! Holy crap, it’s no wonder I posted so little new content.
- Work on January & February’s posts. Not really no. I barely made time for this. Most of my blogging time was spent updating old posts, but I did get some new posts done.
- Create new pin images. Outside of one or two new images, I didn’t get around to this.
- Take a blogging course. I finished the one I had started back in December. However, I did not do a second one as I had originally planned.
- Update my ‘About me’ page. This one totally slipped my mind. I was so focused on updating old posts and getting other things done that I completely missed my chance to finally tick this one off my list.
February 2020 goals
- Read at least 10 books. I’ve brought the number back down to 10. Chances are I will read more than that, but I also have a lot of other things going on this month, so I need to keep it realistic.
- Watch 1 season of a show. I’m slowly getting through my to-watch list thanks to this recurring goal.
- Try 1 new recipe. This one will show up every month because I enjoy trying new recipes.
- Spend 1 hour learning Japanese every day. As always, this is another recurring goal. After slacking on this in January, it’s time to get back into it.
- Eat from the pantry and freezer. Since we did a bit of a restock last month, we will be continuing with, as we have plenty of food around the house to work with.
- Crochet. Since I learned how to crochet over a year ago, I want to do this more regularly. I want to start a larger project this month, potentially a blanket. I may also work on a few small items.
- Work out every day. I’ve actually been enjoying this quite a bit, so I’m going to continue with this. Though I’m hoping for less snow shoveling and more actual workouts this month.
- Work on my novel project. I am planning to write or rewrite two chapters this month. I think that’s a good amount given that some chapters need to be completely reworked. Plus there are other things on my plate that need my attention.
- Relearn Scrivener. I have the basics down and have started to use it. However, there is still more to learn, especially with regard to some of the advanced features, so I will be working on that this month.
- Do some research. I have a list of things I need to look up in order to ensure they are correct when used in my story, so I will be working on some of that.
- Journal every day. This has actually been quite an enjoyable task. I’m hoping to actually do it every day this month.
- Update 5 posts. I’m so close to getting all of these old posts updated, so I need to keep it up.
- Work on February’s and March’s posts. I struggled a lot to stay ahead last month, so I need to stay on this and ensure I don’t fall behind again. So I will be dedicating time to working on posts for next month.
- Create new pin images. I really hate this task, but it needs to get done.
- Take a blogging course. There are so many I want to take, but if I can complete one then I will be happy.
- Update my ‘About me’ page. It will happen this time!
Those are my February 2020 goals. I will admit, it’s a lot, but I’m confident I can keep up with most if not all of them. What goals have you set for the month?