The final month of the year has arrived. It’s amazing how time flies. This month is the chance to tackle any of your remaining 2019 goals. The important thing to remember is to not burn yourself out. While it’s nice to get everything accomplished, sometimes we have to accept that there simply isn’t enough time for it all. Especially with the holidays coming up, we tend to be a bit stretched thin this month. Your December goals should be reasonable, while still aiming to get stuff done before the new year.
Before I share my December goals, let’s take a moment to look back on November’s goals and see how well I did.
- Read at least 10 books. Yes! Check out what I read in November!
- Watch 1 season of a show. Yes! I watched 2 seasons of Rotten and 1 season of Granblue Fantasy. I also watched 2 episodes of Dr. STONE, 6 episodes of Demon Slayer: Kimestu no Yaiba, 2 episodes of Sword Art Online: War of Underworld, 2 episodes of Didn’t I Say To Make My Abilities Average In My Next Life, 2 episodes of Isekai Cheat Magician, 3 episodes of If It’s For My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat A Demon Lord, 2 episodes of High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even In Another World, and 2 episodes of Ascendence of a Bookworm. Wow, what’s with all these shows and their super-long titles!
- Try 1 new recipe. Yes, but the irony was it was a non-edible recipe. Yes, those exist! If you bake it but can’t eat it, then it’s a recipe.
- Walk as often as possible. I did get in quite a few walks at the beginning of the month. But then the cold and snow arrived and walks weren’t really an option anymore. However, I have traded my walking time for snow shoveling, so I’m still getting fresh air and exercise almost every day.
- Spend 1 hour learning Japanese every day. I missed one day guys. One day! And it was the first day of the month too. Ah well, still my best month with this so far.
- Eat from the pantry and freezer. Yes. I didn’t go too crazy with this, but I did make sure to focus on the pantry and freezer to keep our grocery bills as low as possible.
- Sell some items. This was an utter failure. I did my best to list things for sale but no one was biting.
- Deep clean the house. Not really. I did manage to finish the kitchen.
- Complete NaNoWriMo. Yeah, you could say I did this. Check out my NaNoWriMo results!
- Take a blogging course. This should have been listed under blogging goals, huh? Oh well, I did manage to get this one done though.
- Update 5 posts. I only got three done, but one needed a ton of work. Still happy with this.
- Work on December’s posts. Yes! While I don’t have all my posts done for this, I’m very happy with how much I got done.
- Create new pin images. As always, I got a few done but not as many as I had hoped.
- Update my ‘About me’ page. Nope. My brain was dead this month thanks to NaNoWriMo, so I couldn’t think of a single thing about myself in order to update this page.
- Read at least 10 books. You knew this would be here, so don’t act all surprised. Once again, going for a minimum of 10 books read for the month.
- Watch 1 season of a show. So many shows are on my to-watch list, that I really need to put some more effort into watching them.
- Try 1 new recipe. The question is, what recipe shall I try this month?
- Spend 1 hour learning Japanese every day. I’m making really good progress with my learning Japanese, so I need to keep that momentum up. This month I am going to mostly focus on the reading and writing aspects, which I have been slacking in.
- Eat from the pantry and freezer. This will be a monthly goal for the foreseeable future. We try hard to focus on the pantry and freezer during the winter months.
- Sell some items. This might not happen, as I have been having little to no luck with it lately. But I’m going to try again this month to get rid of these items.
- Deep clean the house. I only have a couple of rooms left to do, so I should be able to tackle those this month.
- Work on my NaNoWriMo project. Though I did ‘complete’ NaNoWriMo, I still have a lot of work to do in this novel. It still has some chapters that need to be written, so I want to get that done this month. But, I will take a few days off to let my mind rest at the beginning of the month before doing this.
- Update 5 posts. Slowly but surely getting all those older posts updated, but there is still plenty to work on.
- Work on December & January’s posts. I put quite a dent into December’s posts already, but there is still work to do. It’s also time to start looking towards next year’s posts. There is so much I want to write about, it’s just a matter of finding the time to do it all.
- Create new pin images. Forever will this goal be here until I can learn to make enough when I initially make pin images for new posts
- Take a blogging course. There are a number of courses I want to take, so I’d like to knock out one this month.
- Update my ‘About me’ page. This will be the month this happens! Right? Right!
- Work on a super-secret blog project. I really need to get this one done before the end of the year. Or at least the first bit needs to get done. So a lot of my blogging energy will go to this.
Those are my December goals. I’ve had a great year so far with setting monthly goals, often achieving all of them. What are your goals for December? Anything you want to accomplish before the year is over?