The twelfth and final month of 2021 has arrived! Can you believe that the year is nearly over? The first few months flew by, then there were a few slower months and before we knew it, December was here. This month is an opportunity to give one final push to get stuff done before we roll over into a new year. Whether it’s big or small, working on a goal or two will help the month go by. Setting monthly goals has become a huge part of my life and though each month presents new opportunities to increase or decrease my goal load, I always look forward to seeing what I can get done in a single month. Before we get into my December 2021 goals, let’s take a moment to look back and see how I did with my November goals.
November was a chaotic month of words, words, and more words! Between NaNoWriMo, blog work, and a few other projects I decided to work on, most of my time was spent tethered to the keyboard. While writing-wise, the month went phenomenally, my other goals suffered for it.
- Read at least 5 books. Yes. I am actually surprised by how much I managed to read in November.
- Watch at least 1 season of a show. Nope, once again, I failed to set aside some TV time.
- Review Japanese for 30 minutes a day. I utterly failed at this. Most days I didn’t do any reviewing and those days I did, it certainly wasn’t 30 minutes worth.
- Complete NaNoWriMo. Yes. Another goal smashed this month. If you are curious about how NaNoWriMo went, you can check out my final update for all of the details.
- Work on November and December’s posts. Yes! I worked hard to keep up with this goal on top of all my crazy NaNoWriMo writing. I have all of December’s posts done, though I did cut back on the number of posts for the month and am happy to be able to essentially take the month off from blog work. In fact, I even have some of January’s posts ready to go. I haven’t been this far ahead in a long time.
December 2021 goals
I am really cutting back on my goals for December. Part of the reason is I still have so much writing to get done to reach my milwordy goal. The other reason is I want to be able to enjoy the holidays, and I won’t be able to do that as much if I am tethered to a long list of goals.
- Read at least 5 books. Since reading is one of my favorite ways to spend time, I am, of course, making sure to keep this goal. Five books is a good number, but if I read more than that then I’ll be happy.
- Watch 1 season of a show. I have been failing at this one for the last few months, but for December, I am determined to find some time to enjoy some TV time.
- Review Japanese for 30 minutes a day. Since I let this slip majorly last month, I am going to use December as another review month so that come the new year I can get back into doing new lessons regularly without having to remind myself what certain words are.
- Complete my milwordy challenge. I am so close, and yet dangerously far, away from reaching this goal. I need to write over 100,000 words this month to read 1 million words written in 2021. Hence why my goals are cut back so much this month. Most of my writing will go into completing my NaNoWriMo project and working on some other stories along the way. I only need around 4000 words a day to reach my goal. I know I can do it. I better because it would suck to miss this goal in the final month of it.
- Reply to comments in a timely manner. I have gotten into the habit of not responding to comments for weeks on end. This month, I will make sure I reply to them within 48 hours.