The final month of 2020 has arrived. It’s hard to believe that the year is so close to being over and soon we will be ushering in 2021. This is the last opportunity to get everything done you want to accomplish during 2020. Whether it’s a big or small goal, do your best to work on it. There are a couple of things that I am going to be working on as a part of my December 2020 goals. Part of them are finishing up goals that have been spread out throughout this year and others are last-minute additions I would like to get done. That way, I can enter 2021 with a clean slate. Before we get into December’s goals, let’s take a moment and see how I did with November’s goals.
November goals review
This month went pretty well. A lot of my time and energy went into NaNoWriMo, so a number of my goals did get a bit neglected. However, I am content with what I got done and it was nice to have an easy month goals-wise.
- Read 5 books. I didn’t think this was going to happen, but it did! Check out what I read in November.
- Watch 1 season of a show. No! I did watch 3 episodes of The Misfit of Demon King Academy, 5 episodes of Tonikawa: Over The Moon For You, 4 episodes of Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon, and 1 episode of Iwakakeru – Sport Climbing Girls.
- Workout every day. Not quite, but I did better than I had in October. I did go for an hour-long walk every day and worked out as often as I could – which equated to about half of the month.
- Spend 1 hour reviewing Japanese a day. Close but not quite. There were some days where I slipped up and didn’t even think about doing this.
- Review the Kanji I have learned. Nope, much like the above some days I didn’t touch my Japanese at all.
- Journal every day. Close, but there were a number of days where my journal collected dust instead of my thoughts.
- Complete NaNoWriMo. Yes! And I did it in the shortened timeframe that I had set for myself as well. See how NaNoWriMo went for me.
- Work on November and December’s posts. The November posts that I worked on were all NaNoWriMo related, so that was easy. I did get a decent chunk of Decembers posts done but I wish I could have gotten even more done.
- Create new pin images. For once I did really well with this. I lost track of how many new images I made because I was doing them regularly instead of scrambling to make a bunch at the end of the month.
December 2020 goals
The final month of the year is here! 2020 has been quite the roller coaster ride, but I have done my best to get plenty done despite everything that has been happening in the world. Now, it’s time for the final push to end the year strong and set up for the next year.
- Read 5 books. I’m hoping to read more than this, but at the very minimum, I think 5 is a good number.
- Watch at least 1 season of a show. As always, I like to throw in a fun goal each month. Watching TV is a good way to relax after a busy day and helps to whittle down my to-be-watched list. Plus this is the last month that we will have Disney+, so I need to watch a few shows on there before it’s gone.
- Workout every day. I’m still trying to get back into doing this every day. So hoping this is the month I get it done. I’m aiming for a minimum of 20 minutes a day but will go longer depending on how I feel.
- Crochet a blanket. This is something I have been wanting to do for a while. I have the yarn and the hooks, so all I need to do is sit down and do it. I’m not sure if it’s something that can be done in a single month but at least I can start it.
- Play World of Warcraft. Yes, another fun goal. I have really been enjoying Shadowlands, so I want to make sure I set aside time to play during the month. It will mostly be reputation and gear grinds but I do enjoy that for the most part.
- Spend 1 hour reviewing Japanese a day. I didn’t get as much reviewing done last month as I had hoped, so I am going to use this month to do more reviewing of what I have learned along the way.
- Review the Kanji I have learned. Like the above, I feel like it would be best to spend the month reviewing the Kanji I have learned before moving on to learning new ones.
- Journal every day. I enjoy journaling, so I will be once again doing my best to do this daily.
- Continue to work on my NaNoWriMo project. Though I did get my 50000 words in for NaNoWriMo the story is not done. I have a lot of work left to do on this novel so I had best keep working at it.
- Work on a secret writing project. I can’t go into details on this one yet, but I will be setting up the groundwork for this project this month.
- Work on December and January’s posts. I have a decent start on December’s post, so I want to get the last few done before switching my focus to January’s posts.
- Brainstorm 2021 blog posts. Now that I have managed to get and stay ahead on the blog, I would like to look even further into the future. Having a basic plan of what I want to post in the upcoming year will make things go smoother.
- Update 15 old posts. This has been something I have been working on every month for a while now, but I want to really focus on it this month. I would like to update a minimum of 15 posts but truthfully, if I could find the time to update all remaining posts that need it I would be ecstatic.
- Create new pin images. This is slowly becoming less of a hated chore and more of something I don’t mind doing. So, I am going to keep working on these each month.
- Clear out browser tabs. This is partially blog related and partially that I’m addicted to opening too many browser tabs. So, I would like to have it down to only a few tabs open by the end of the month, those tabs being the ones I use every day like WordPress and Twitter.
- Clear out my bookmarks. Again, not entirely blog-related, but I have a ton of bookmarked pages I want to read through and then remove. It’s all a part of doing a year-end digital declutter.
Those are my December 2020 goals. I know they will keep me busy throughout the month but I am confident I can keep up with them all.