Are you looking for a quick and easy recipe that will satisfy those chocolate cravings? These chocolate coconut macaroons can be made in less than 10 minutes. They are the perfect thing to soothe that sweet tooth. Best of all they can be made even if you have very few cooking skills. They are also great to whip up when you have guests coming over as a last-minute treat.
Chocolate coconut macaroons
Pre-measure all ingredients ahead of time. This is important at the end, as you will need to be able to quickly add everything in. You do not want to be measuring items out when you need to add them. You also want to line the cookie sheet with parchment paper before you start cooking.
Add the butter, milk, and sugar into a large pot and bring to a boil. You want to make sure it’s a decent-sized pot, as the mixture will rise quite a bit while it’s boiling. You also will need plenty of room to stir it all once it’s done. Boil for three minutes and then remove from heat.
Add in the oat, cocoa powder, coconut, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly. It will take a minute or so to fully combine everything. If the mixture seems very loose, you can add in some oats or coconut a little bit at a time. You don’t want the mixture to be too thick.
Scoop out some mixture and place it on the cookie sheet. These macaroons can be made any size you wish. Depending on the size, this recipe can make upwards of 3 dozen macaroons. Once on the cookie sheet, cool completely. These set up in a very short amount of time. Store in an airtight container.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups oats
- 5 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Line baking pans with parchment paper.
- Measure all ingredients. You will need to work fast at some points and want everything ready to dump in as needed.
- Add butter, milk, and sugar to a pan. Bring to a boil.
- Boil mixture for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Using a spoon scoop out the desired amount of mixture and place it on the cookie sheet. The mixture will start to set in the pan, so you need to move somewhat quickly.
- Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.