The versatility of muffins means that there is a muffin for everyone to enjoy. As the summer weather arrives and blueberries come into season, a great baking option is buttermilk blueberry muffins. They have an amazingly soft texture thanks to the buttermilk, while the blueberries provide a nice pop of color and flavor. Those best in the summer, when blueberries are fresh, these muffins can easily be made year-round with frozen blueberries. If you have never tried blueberry muffins then you are in for a treat.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that should you make a purchase after following one of these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Buttermilk blueberry muffins
This recipe makes 12 muffins, however, it can easily be doubled if you wish for more. These muffins can also be frozen so they can be made ahead of time and enjoyed weeks later.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 ounces butter, melted or 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Sift dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, and butter (or oil).
- Make a well in dry ingredients and pour in liquid ingredients, mixing quickly.
- Fold in blueberries
- Line a muffin tray with silicone muffin cups and fill to about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Do you love blueberries? What’s your favorite way to use them?