When it comes to baking, muffins are one of my favorites. Just the sheer diversity in muffin recipes means that there is a nearly endless supply of flavors and textures to be explored. Muffins are also an easy item to bake, so they are great for those who are just learning to cook. In fact, there are so many different kinds of muffins out there, that I have barely scratched the surface when it comes to trying them all. If you are looking for an amazingly moist muffin that has plenty of flavor, then these banana muffins are what you need to make.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that should you make a purchase after following one of these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
These muffins can be used with fresh or previously frozen bananas. The texture does not change if you are using frozen versus fresh bananas. Make sure the bananas are very ripe.
This recipe makes about 24 muffins.
- 6 large bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cups melted butter
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas, then add sugar and eggs. Mix well.
- Stir in melted butter until incorporated into banana mixture.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Line a muffin tray with silicone muffin cups. Fill about 3/4 full.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
If you want to add some extra sweetness, then add in a cup of mini chocolate chips for banana chocolate chip muffins. My family prefers them without the chocolate chips, but this is a great option if you are looking to make them even better.
Do you love banana muffins?