July has come to an end and it’s hard to believe that the summer is half over. With August’s arrival, it’s time to set up a new list of monthly goals. I’m not going to lie, July was a bit of a writeoff in many ways. Too many distractions, family visits, enjoying the nice weather and other things kept me busy in ways I hadn’t expected. Before I share my August goals, let’s take a moment to see how I did with my July goals.
How did I do with my July goals?
- Read at least 10 books. Almost didn’t happen, but squeezed it in at the end of the month. Check out what I read in July.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Not even close. I didn’t put in much time to watching things. I did watch 1 episode of The Rising of the Shield Hero, 4 episodes of Fruits Basket and 4 episodes of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba.
- Try 1 new recipe. Yes! My one major success this month. I tried 8 new recipes in July! I ended up making Orange Chicken, Sushi, Beef & Broccoli, Sesame Chicken, Mochi Ice Cream, Omurice, Harusame Salad, and General Tso’s Chicken. It was a very tasty month!
- Write 1-2 chapters. Nope. Didn’t even think about doing this.
- Walk every day. Missed a couple of days but we also did two walks on many days, so that all balances out. I will call it a success.
- Spend 30+ minutes learning Japanese every day. Nope. I skipped a whole heck of a lot of days. I did my best to do as much as I could on days when I found the time, but if I had to guess, I missed about half of the month.
- Weed the garden. Yes. It wasn’t too bad, especially considering the month was fairly dry, but still an annoying task. At least the garden is doing pretty good.
- Home improvement projects. Yes. I managed to get the window trim painted, something I have been meaning to do for two years now. I also touched up the paint in my son’s room and painted in inside of the cupboard in his room as well.
- Update 5 posts. Very much so. I updated 10 posts for sure, maybe more. I was on a roll and stopped counting once I hit 10.
- Get ahead on posts. Nope! This just wasn’t the month for new posts. Life got in the way and then when I did do blog work I focused on older posts.
- Create new pin images. Yup. Hit a bit of a snag with this but managed to find a workaround and got a bunch done.
- Add a ‘Work with me’ page. Not even close.
- Update my ‘About me’ page. I tried to do this. However, every time I sat down to do so my mind went blank on what to put there, so I left it for now.
Because July was a bit of a wash goals wise, a lot of my August goals are repeats.
- Read at least 10 books. I’m hoping to make a bit more time for my reading this month. But at the very minimum, I’m once again aiming to read 10 books.
- Watch 1 season of a show. I’ve got a few shows I want to watch and I’m hoping to get at least 1 season done this month.
- Try 1 new recipe. What can I say, I love trying new recipes. So this one has to stay on the list.
- Walk every day. Gotta take advantage of that nice weather, right?
- Spend 30+ minutes learning Japanese every day. This is going to be a goal for the foreseeable future, but I know if I don’t list it here then I might not stick to it.
- Weed the garden. This is something that has to be done regularly, hence why it’s listed here. I do hate pulling weeds but it’s got to be done.
- Home improvement projects. I think the last big project we have left is sealing the deck. We just need a window of good weather to get it done.
- Eat from the pantry and freezer. Yes, we are doing this again. We had great success when we did this from January to May and now its time to do it again. Our freezer and pantry are pretty full, so we want to eat it down before we do our big winter stock up in the coming months.
- Declutter the house. This has been an ongoing project for the last two year. However, I want to go through it all one more time to really get rid of some things that we may have overlooked or thought we would need/use but aren’t. Its time to trim all the fat once and for all.
- Update 5 posts. I’ve been doing good with this, so I want to keep it up until all my old posts are updated.
- Get ahead on posts. This may be the month this actually happens.
- Create new pin images. Another ongoing goal, so this one may appear monthly. Or at least until I’m 100% satisfied with my pin images.
- Add a ‘Work with me’ page. Meant to do it last month but it didn’t happen. So need to get it done this time.
- Update my ‘About me’ page. Another one that didn’t happen last month.
Those are my August goals. What goals do you have for the month?