The year has truly been flying by. It’s hard to believe that we are already halfway through August and that means we are quickly approaching the end of the year. Though it may not feel like it, it’s time to start thinking about winter and getting ready for the colder months ahead. I know, it’s still summer but fall comes and goes quickly where I live, so winter is already on my mind. August is always a bit of a hectic month because of that. Even so, I want to do my best to keep a good list of goals to work on over the course of the month, otherwise, I will do almost nothing for much of it and then kick myself come September for slacking off. Before we get to my August 2022 goals, I’d like to take a moment to look back and see how I did with July’s goals.
July was a good month. It wasn’t too hectic and I was able to get some relaxing time in as well. For the most part, I did well with my goals but I will admit I let a few slip a bit.
- Read at least 10 books. Yes, I was able to read quite a bit in July.
- Clean and organize the shed. This wasn’t a complete success. I did get a bit of cleaning and organizing done, but not the entire shed.
- Finish planting the garden. Yes, the final plants found their home and are doing well in the garden.
- Weed the garden. I did alright with this. I will admit, I slacked off for a lot of the month, mostly because the rain kept me out of the garden most days, which helped the weeds take over. However, at the end of the month, I got in there with my husband and gave it a good weeding.
- Garden maintenance. I’d say I did a good job of keeping up with the general maintenance of the plants and garden.
- Work on July’s posts. I did alright with this one. A couple of the posts went up later than I had planned but at least they happened. You know how the old saying goes: “Better late than never”.
August 2022 goals
August is going to be a busy month. This is when the garden starts to hit production, or at least should have some harvestable items in it, winter prep starts in earnest, and then there are a ton of smaller but important tasks that need to be worked on. Needless to say, I will be keeping my goals to a minimum.
- Read at least 5 books. I’m dropping this back down to 5 books this month
- Clean and organize the shed. I started this last month but didn’t get very far. So I’ll be working on finishing this over the course of August.
- Start winter prep. There are far too many facets of this to list them all, but I’ll be working on the various things that help us get ready for winter – which like it or not, is just around the corner.
- Weed the garden. Probably the least favorite task of most gardeners, myself included. However, I know how important it is to do this. I’ll be putting in regular time weeding the garden.
- Garden maintenance. This involves pruning, removing dead leaves and plants, watering, and all those other generally quick but necessary tasks that keep the garden healthy throughout the growing season. I’ll be doing these tasks as needed throughout the month.
- Harvest the garden. I don’t expect a ton out of the garden this month, however, there will likely be some items that need harvesting, so I will be doing that whenever I see something in need of picking.
- Clean seed trays. A necessary task that needs to happen. The seed trays and other smaller pots need to be washed and sanitized before they are stored for the winter. This means they will be ready to go as soon as spring seed planting time comes next year.
- Work on August’s posts. I have a few posts planned for this month, so I’ll be working on those throughout the month. If I find a bit of extra time, I will try to work on a September post or two.
Those are my August 2022 goals. What goals do you have planned this month?