March has come and gone in a flash and now we are in April, the fourth month of the year. Sometimes, it can be annoying when months go by too quickly. However, in this case, I am glad for it. April brings us that much closer to summer. That means gardening season and being able to go outside without being bundled up. Of course, a new month means it’s time to sort out my April goals. Now that I have been doing these goals for several months, I feel like I am starting to build a good monthly routine that allows me to reach most if not all of my goals each time around. Life does happen and there are months when some things fall through the cracks, but overall, I am very happy with my successes.
Because of this, I am trying to add new goals each month so I can expand on what I get done and help me to better reach my long-term goals. This means that I will no longer simply be repeating the same goals each month – though many of them will show up every month. In the end, I want to expand on what I do so as to not fall into a rut. Before I get to April’s goals, let’s see how well I did with my goals for March.
How did I do with my March goals?
- Read at least 10 books. Yes, I read 43 books in March! Crazy right? I shared my thoughts on them already.
- Watch 3 seasons of shows. Considering that I watched 11 seasons worth of shows, I’d say this one was a success. I watched 1 season of Life Story, 1 season of Violet Evergarden plus the 1 episode Special, 1 season of Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid, 1 season of Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers, 6 seasons of RWBY and finally, season 5 of Hercules The Legendary Journeys. On top of this I watched 5 episodes of Sword Art Online Alicization, 4 episodes of That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime, 4 episodes of The Rising of The Shield Hero and 4 episodes of Girly Airforce.
- Try 1 new recipe. We ended up trying 2 new recipes. I made these amazing chicken stuffed buns, which I will be making again and sharing the recipe soon. We also made some chocolate chip cookies, using the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag.
- Eat from freezer and pantry. Yes. We have been doing really well with eating from our freezer and pantry since the beginning of the month. We did run out of a few things, mostly canned vegetables, but we have restocked those items. Some things you just need to buy along the way and vegetables are one of those that we didn’t want to be completely without.
- Pick a story to write. This took me longer to accomplish than I had hoped, but I have it narrowed down to two stories. I wanted to pick just one, but these two stood out as ones I wanted to work on. Plus sometimes it’s nice to have more than one writing project because if one story falters for a while, then I have another one to work on.
- Write 1-2 chapters. This didn’t happen. It took most of the month for me to pick which story to write than I ran out of time to actually write.
- Make 1 large and 3 small crochet projects. Not in the slightest. I finally made a hat for my niece, but beyond that, I didn’t touch my hook and yarn all month long.
- Sort through seeds. Got this done. I now know what I will need to buy for the upcoming garden season. I also planned out my garden for the year.
- Update 5 posts. Got this done. Doing five posts a month is a good number, as it still leaves me free to do other things while accomplishing this task.
- Grow social media. For once I feel like I really nailed this one. While Facebook and Instagram seem to be a bit elusive on regular growth, this was the first month that I saw my Pinterest really grow and it made me happy.
- Get ahead on posts. I will call this a semi-success. I did get ahead for the most part, but there were a few posts that were done on semi last minute.
- Create new pin images. Yes, I did get quite a bit towards this done. I didn’t get all of the images done that I had hoped to, but enough. I still need to add these new images to posts.
- Read at least 10 books. Reading will always be on my monthly goal list. I have a few hundred books I want to read so that I can reduce my TBR, so setting this 10 book goal helps me work towards that on a regular basis. We’ll ignore the fact that I have been reading double this for the past few months.
- Watch 3 seasons of shows. I am steadily knocking out my to-be-watched list, so I want to keep that up. Three seasons is a good number as it allows me to watch a couple of episodes a day throughout the month without doing an all-out binge watch.
- Try 1 new recipe. I have quite a long list of recipes that I want to try, so I may end up trying more than one this month, but at the very minimum, I am aiming for one.
- Eat from freezer and pantry. Yes, we are still doing our pantry challenge. Though we had to do a minor stock up back in March, I feel confident that we can continue to eat from our pantry and freezers through this month as well.
- Write 1-2 chapters. Now that I finally have a story picked out, it’s time to work on it. I have been meaning to get back into writing regularly for a while, so it will be nice to do so.
- Walk every day. Granted, this will depend on the weather, but I really want to get out and enjoy a walk every day. Walking for 30 minutes to an hour every day is easy and helps to fill in a bit of time. Plus it’s a great family activity.
- Update 5 posts. This is something I should have been doing all along but now is as good of a time as any. I have updated a number of posts over the past two months and will continue to do so this month. Setting the number at 5 gives me time to work on these while also having the ability to keep up with new posts and other blogging responsibilities.
- Grow social media. This month I’m hoping to either get Facebook or Instagram a bit more love and that should lead to some good growth. Of course, no matter what I will be working on all of my social media, but those are the two that need the most attention.
- Get ahead on posts. Isn’t this what all bloggers want? To be ahead on posts? I know that’s how I want my blogging to go. So, I am once again setting this goal for myself, to make blogging less stressful.
- Create new pin images. I started working on this last month and still have many more to make. This is somewhat of a time-consuming task, so much like updating old posts, I am going to tackle a number of them this month.
- Find guest blogging opportunities. I have done one guest blog post so far, but I am hoping to do more now that I am feeling more confident in blogging. I want to seek out a few guest blog opportunities this month.
Have you set any particular goals for the month?