Creating goals has become a monthly ritual for the past couple of years. Having a list of items I want to work on helps to keep me focused, motivated, and working towards bigger goals in life. Every month has new challenges thrown into it, so keeping my goals flexible has been a big part of this journey. In fact, I had much different goals for this month and then changed them based upon my needs. Reassessing your goals on a month-by-month basis will help keep you on track and should also prevent burnout and stress – though it can happen from time to time. Before I get to my April 2022 goals, I first want to take a moment to go over how I did with my March goals.
March was the month where not much happened. I had plans to get quite a bit done and then it simply didn’t. A good portion of that was because of some burnout I was experiencing.
- Read at least 5 books. Yes. It almost didn’t happen, but as the end of the month came up, I managed to read at least 5 books.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Yes, I watched 1 season of Jericho. On top of that, I also watched 4 episodes of Love of Kill.
- Study Japanese for at least an hour a day. No. I barely got any studying done over the course of the month.
- Learn 5 Kanji. No. Since I didn’t do much learning time, I didn’t learn any new kanji.
- Work on a writing project. Yes and no. I did work a little bit on some writing projects but it was minimal.
- Reply to comments in a timely manner. Not quite. I let a lot of comments go without replying to them for a week to more but then got back into it in the latter half of the month.
- Work on March and April’s blog posts. Barely. I put some work into blog posts but for the most part, I was frantically typing them up the day before I posted them.
- Create at least one post using Gutenberg. Close. I got most of one post done using Gutenberg but then switched back to Classic editor to finish it.
- Make improvements to the blog. I did get a few of the smaller tasks done but not as much as I was hoping for.
April 2022 goals
My original plan was much different for April. However, I am feeling a serious case of all-around burnout, so I reassessed my goals and removed the vast majority of them to give myself time to take a break, have some fun, and most importantly recharge.
- Read at least 5 books. While I am experiencing a bit of a reading slump, I am going to try my best to read a few books this month.
- Watch 1 season of a show. Watching TV will probably be my main source of relaxation this month, so I should be able to watch at least 1 season of a show.
- Reply to comments in a timely manner. Keeping this goal for the foreseeable future as it helps keep me accountable for actually replying to comments within 48 hours of them being posted. Otherwise, I may fall into my old habit of waiting weeks to respond.
- Work on some May blog posts. I would like to get one or two posts ready for May. That way, I’m not scrambling when it rolls around.
Those are my April 2022 goals. What goals have you made for this month?