Clutter happens. Nearly every home has clutter in it. However, it doesn’t have to be this way. Accumulating clutter is easy, but getting rid of it can be a challenge. In fact, it can be downright overwhelming. If you are facing piles of clutter in your home, then it’s time to do something about it. Whether it’s in your bathroom, laundry room or even your entryway, setting aside time to declutter will pay off. To get you started, here are 35 items to declutter now.
35 items to declutter now
- Expired medicine
- Makeup you never use
- Shampoos, conditioner, etc that you don’t like
- Samples (makeup, shampoo, perfume) you have no intention of using
- Extra towels and washcloths
- Expired food
- Kitchen gadgets that you never use
- Extra plates, bowls, and cups
- Excess Travel mugs
- Anything missing a lid or lids that are missing containers
- Recipes books – everything is on the internet now!
- Worn out clothes – that you are holding onto for sentimental value, etc.
- Clothes you no longer wear
- Clothes that your child has outgrown
- Extra sets of bed sheets and blankets
- Unused or extra furniture
- Jewelry you no longer wear
- Broken toys
- Toys your child no longer plays with
- DVD’s or Blu-rays that you won’t watch again
- Video games you no longer play
- Video game system you no longer use
- Books you don’t plan to reread
- Books you are no longer interested in reading
- Old magazines
- Garden decor you no longer use
- Broken garden tools
- Paperwork that is 7+ years old
- Broken items you have been meaning to fix, but haven’t yet
- Craft items
- Junk drawer items – you know you will never use those items!
- Candles whose scent isn’t appealing
- Cords that you don’t know what they go to
- Unused or extra holiday decorations
- Pens – the ones that no longer write
Tackle the clutter in your home today. Get a start with these 35 items to declutter. Once you start decluttering you’ll be on your way to a clutter-free home.