It’s December and you know what that means? It’s Blogmas time! I’m so excited to be doing Blogmas for the first time. I’ll admit that the idea of Blogmas was pretty intimidating when I first came across it, but then I found myself wanting to do it. So I decided to give it a try. To start Blogmas off, let’s talk about the 25 days of Christmas movies.
Back in 2016, my family decided to start watching a Christmas movie every day from December 1st all the way to the 25th. Since then we have looked forward to this yearly Christmas tradition. It has been fun each year finding new movies to watch, though there are a few movies we watch every year. Now only does this 25-day long movie marathon allow us to enjoy plenty of Christmas shows, getting us more into the Christmas mood, but it is also a great way to spend some time together each evening.
What you need to make a successful 25 days of Christmas movies marathon
The best part about this tradition is it’s relatively cheap to do. Chances are you already have a few Christmas movies in your house. Add in Netflix, YouTube, borrowing from friends or library and renting them, and it all comes together.
But movies aren’t everything. To truly enjoy these hours spend in front of the TV, a few essentials are needed.
- Blankets. Curling up with a warm blanket is perfect for a movie.
- Snacks. Whether it’s popcorn, chips or homemade cookies, snacks really make the movie experience.
- Christmas decorations. Not necessarily needed, but having your home decorated for the holidays can really improve the mood.
- Friends and family. While it’s okay to want to watch movies alone, make sure to gather your friends and family around you as well. Sharing this Christmas joy is all part of the holidays.
What to watch
This is likely the trickiest part of it all. There are plenty of Christmas movies out there to choose from. But that can be a problem in itself. Having too many choices can lead to not watching a movie because the options are overwhelming. Have no fear. I present to you a list of movies that would be perfect for your 25 days of Christmas movies marathon. These vary from full-length movies to shorts and cover a wide age range.
- Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
- It’s A Wonderful Life
- A Chipmunk Christmas
- The Muppet’s Christmas Carol
- My Little Pony: A Very Minty Christmas
- Jingle All The Way
- Miracle On 34th Street (1947)
- Olive The Other Reindeer
- Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer
- The Santa Clause
- Frosty The Snowman
- A Garfield Christmas
- The Polar Express
- Shrek The Halls
- Arthur Christmas
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- The Year Without Santa Claus
- Phineas & Ferb: A Very Perry Christmas
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas
- I Want A Dog For Christmas, Charlie Brown
- Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas
- He-Man & She-Ra: A Christmas Special
- Beauty & The Beast: The Enchanted Christmas
- Star Wars Holiday Special
- Home Alone
- Benji’s Very Own Christmas Story
- Return of Frosty The Snow Man
- The Grinch
- A Christmas Prince
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- Christmas With The Kranks
- A Christmas Carol
- Jack Frost
- Mickey’s Christmas Carol
- A Christmas Story
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Whit Christmas
- Babes In Toyland
- Love, Actually
- Tokyo Godfathers
- The Christmas Chronicles
- Christmas Ranch
- ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas
- Santa Paws
- Tyler Perry’s A Madea Christmas
- Four Christmases
There you have it, plenty of movie choices to get your started with your very own 25 days of Christmas movies marathon. Are there any Christmas movies that you love to watch but aren’t listed here, let me know! I would love to add more movies to our watch list this year and for future years.